Menu icon Foundation

Developer | Chattanooga, Tennessee

I'm the founder of @BottlerocketHQ and @LiftThemes. I'm a drummer and an admitted IPA snob. I also host @tgmpodcast.

My Posts

No Content

My Comments

Adam Clark commented on rozani's post over 5 years

I confused as well, because if you just do "gem update foundation", it says there is nothing to update. However, if you install bower foundation as outlined in the docs and then create a new project with "foundation new my_project", it does work.

Adam Clark commented on Guy Meyer's post over 5 years

It appears that they've been moved to the _type.scss partial on the components folder.

Adam Clark commented on Xandros's post over 5 years

Technically, I guess you could do that. However, I'm not sure how much of a performance gain you'd get by doing that, especially if you're minifying and concatenating all your assets.

Adam Clark commented on N S's post over 5 years

In Foundation 5, there is a class called show-for-small-only. This is be visible on any screen up to 640px. I'm not sure about the resolution of the Nexus 7, but if it's less than 640px, elements with the show-for-small-only class will be visible.

Not sure if I'm understanding exactly what you're asking though....

Adam Clark commented on Jeff Simpson's post over 5 years

Jeff,

You could technically not do mobile first by writing your own media queries based on a max-width instead of a min-width (with the default media queries use).

Also, you could also technically make a site non-responsive by overwriting your .row width. By default .row is set to a width of 100% and max-width that is generated from the $row-width variable. You could remove the max-width property and hard code a row width (e.g. 960px) to get rid of the responsiveness. However, you would probably run into some trial and error and hacking of the code in other places, as this is not an intended use of the framework.

Adam Clark commented on Xandros's post over 5 years

Xandros,

I'm not sure this is possible. Maybe I'm confusing what you mean by "projects". Are you trying to have multiple websites utilize one set of Foundation files?

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

No Content

My Comments

You commented on rozani's post over 5 years

I confused as well, because if you just do "gem update foundation", it says there is nothing to update. However, if you install bower foundation as outlined in the docs and then create a new project with "foundation new my_project", it does work.

You commented on Guy Meyer's post over 5 years

It appears that they've been moved to the _type.scss partial on the components folder.

You commented on Xandros's post over 5 years

Technically, I guess you could do that. However, I'm not sure how much of a performance gain you'd get by doing that, especially if you're minifying and concatenating all your assets.

You commented on N S's post over 5 years

In Foundation 5, there is a class called show-for-small-only. This is be visible on any screen up to 640px. I'm not sure about the resolution of the Nexus 7, but if it's less than 640px, elements with the show-for-small-only class will be visible.

Not sure if I'm understanding exactly what you're asking though....

You commented on Jeff Simpson's post over 5 years

Jeff,

You could technically not do mobile first by writing your own media queries based on a max-width instead of a min-width (with the default media queries use).

Also, you could also technically make a site non-responsive by overwriting your .row width. By default .row is set to a width of 100% and max-width that is generated from the $row-width variable. You could remove the max-width property and hard code a row width (e.g. 960px) to get rid of the responsiveness. However, you would probably run into some trial and error and hacking of the code in other places, as this is not an intended use of the framework.

You commented on Xandros's post over 5 years

Xandros,

I'm not sure this is possible. Maybe I'm confusing what you mean by "projects". Are you trying to have multiple websites utilize one set of Foundation files?

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content