Menu icon Foundation

Developer | Chattanooga, Tennessee

I'm the founder of @BottlerocketHQ and @LiftThemes. I'm a drummer and an admitted IPA snob. I also host @tgmpodcast.

My Posts

Replies
  • Scss will not compile

By Adam Clark

compassfoundation5scss

I've created a new foundation 5 project with no modifications, but when I run "compass watch" or "compass compile" I get the following error: Mixin "exports" does not accept a content block. I can't seem to figure out how to fix this. Anyone have any ideas?

Last Reply by Adam Clark over 5 years ago

My Comments

Adam Clark commented on Adam Clark's post over 5 years

Thanks Ghaida. Will this work with F4? That's what I'm using on this project.

Hi Ghaida,

Unfortunately, that doesn't work because the small-centered class removes the float from the column class. That's why we have to use a class like large-uncentered, because it adds the float back in.

However, as stated above, the large-uncentered class also overrides the margins set by the offset.

Any other ideas about how to accomplish this?

Thanks.

Adam Clark commented on Andrew Brown's post over 5 years

Nick, you could use filters to basically pass an empty array.

add_filter('nav_menu_css_class', 'my_css_attributes_filter', 100, 1);
add_filter('nav_menu_item_id', 'my_css_attributes_filter', 100, 1);
add_filter('page_css_class', 'my_css_attributes_filter', 100, 1);
function my_css_attributes_filter($var) {
  return is_array($var) ? array() : '';
}

Adam Clark commented on Rafi Benkual's post over 5 years

Hi Rafi,

I've created a demo on Codepen for this: http://cdpn.io/jzsdv. That's one way of accomplishing this, but not knowing your goals, I'm not sure if it solves your problem.

Hope it helps.

I realized that running:

gem update compass 

does not automatically update the Sass gem. Updating to the latest Sass gem seems to have fixed the issue.

Adam Clark commented on Charles Smith's post over 5 years

This is a matter of personal preferance. You can place all your custom CSS right in app.scss if you would like. Or you can create a partial (e.g. _custom-styles.scss) and import that partial into app.scss like this:

@import "custom-styles";

I tend to completely customize my folder structure/file names. It's just a matter of importing them in the right order.

Does that make sense?

Adam Clark commented on Rubén Santacruz's post over 5 years

It is a bit strange that it would not be linked up in the index.html file, but yes, you would need to add it just before the link to the foundation.css.

Hey Hugo,

Shoot me an email and we can connect on Skype. Happy to help.

Thanks.

I happened to have a new mackbook that I just purchased, so setup ruby, node and foundation on that machine, ran the same install commands and it all works fine.

So, now what I'm trying to figure out is what is on my current machine that is causing this error. I'm using the latest versions ruby and node and have reinstalled bower and grunt just to make sure everything is up to date.

Any ideas?

Sure. ;) I'm happy to help if I can.

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Adam Clark's post over 5 years

Thanks Ghaida. Will this work with F4? That's what I'm using on this project.

Hi Ghaida,

Unfortunately, that doesn't work because the small-centered class removes the float from the column class. That's why we have to use a class like large-uncentered, because it adds the float back in.

However, as stated above, the large-uncentered class also overrides the margins set by the offset.

Any other ideas about how to accomplish this?

Thanks.

You commented on Andrew Brown's post over 5 years

Nick, you could use filters to basically pass an empty array.

add_filter('nav_menu_css_class', 'my_css_attributes_filter', 100, 1);
add_filter('nav_menu_item_id', 'my_css_attributes_filter', 100, 1);
add_filter('page_css_class', 'my_css_attributes_filter', 100, 1);
function my_css_attributes_filter($var) {
  return is_array($var) ? array() : '';
}

You commented on Rafi Benkual's post over 5 years

Hi Rafi,

I've created a demo on Codepen for this: http://cdpn.io/jzsdv. That's one way of accomplishing this, but not knowing your goals, I'm not sure if it solves your problem.

Hope it helps.

I realized that running:

gem update compass 

does not automatically update the Sass gem. Updating to the latest Sass gem seems to have fixed the issue.

You commented on Charles Smith's post over 5 years

This is a matter of personal preferance. You can place all your custom CSS right in app.scss if you would like. Or you can create a partial (e.g. _custom-styles.scss) and import that partial into app.scss like this:

@import "custom-styles";

I tend to completely customize my folder structure/file names. It's just a matter of importing them in the right order.

Does that make sense?

You commented on Rubén Santacruz's post over 5 years

It is a bit strange that it would not be linked up in the index.html file, but yes, you would need to add it just before the link to the foundation.css.

Hey Hugo,

Shoot me an email and we can connect on Skype. Happy to help.

Thanks.

I happened to have a new mackbook that I just purchased, so setup ruby, node and foundation on that machine, ran the same install commands and it all works fine.

So, now what I'm trying to figure out is what is on my current machine that is causing this error. I'm using the latest versions ruby and node and have reinstalled bower and grunt just to make sure everything is up to date.

Any ideas?

Sure. ;) I'm happy to help if I can.

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content