Menu icon Foundation

Developer | Cheltenham, UK

My Posts

My Comments

Ben Hutchings commented on Porter Bayne's post over 3 years

Hi Gabriel,

I've not tried any of your code in F6, but just to add to Brian's pointer, here's the section that mentions adding new named queries in F6's Interchange docs: http://foundation.zurb.com/sites/docs/interchange.html#named-media-queries

Ben Hutchings commented on Kamal Ahmad's post almost 5 years

Hi, the only two styles I can find are:

input[type="file"], input[type="checkbox"], input[type="radio"], select { margin: 0 0 1.14286rem 0; }
input[type="file"] { width: 100%; }

If you're using SASS they are in _forms.scss

input[type="file"],
input[type="checkbox"],
input[type="radio"],
select {
  margin: 0 0 $form-spacing 0;
}

input[type="checkbox"] + label,
input[type="radio"] + label {
  display: inline-block;
  margin-#{$default-float}: $form-spacing * .5;
  margin-#{$opposite-direction}: $form-spacing;
  margin-bottom: 0;
  vertical-align: baseline;
}

/* Normalize file input width */
input[type="file"] {
  width:100%;
}

Ben Hutchings commented on Benni's post almost 5 years

Hi, for me rolling back to Compass 0.12.7 and SASS 3.2.9 fixed things.

gem uninstall compass 1.0.0
gem uninstall sass 3.4.0 

Ben Hutchings commented on Juhana's post almost 5 years

gem uninstall sass 3.4.0

Ben Hutchings commented on Juhana's post almost 5 years

Hi, sorry to not have a solution for you here, just a "me too".

I've not had this in the past, but today I'm also finding that complied CSS has very little in it.
All I've changed is css_dir = "css" in config.rb.

I'm on OSx 10.8.5, Foundation 5.3.3, Compass 1.0.0 Bower 1.3.8, ruby 2.0.0 (I think, Ruby confuses me so, but thats what RVM reports)

Ben Hutchings commented on Ben Hutchings's post about 5 years

Hi Ben... sure you can do that per element. Add the desired 'data-options' in the element that has the 'data-equalizer' set. i.e.

<div class="row" data-equalizer data-options="equalize_on_stack: true">

I've just tried it and it works fine :) Thanks for the idea :))

Ben Hutchings commented on Jakob Bradshaw's post over 5 years

Morning, Which version of Foundation are you using? If it's 5.2.1 then there was a fix in 5.2.2 that makes Equalizer wait until images are loaded to do the height calculation.

But... taking a quick look at your code I think it might be the missing 'rows' around your columns. Where you have:
HTML
<div data-equalizer>
<div class="column small-12 medium-5 panel" data-equalizer-watch>

Can you please try:
HTML
<div class="row" data-equalizer>
etc etc

And let us know if that makes a difference.

Ben Hutchings commented on Ben Hutchings's post over 5 years

Great, looking forward to seeing it in 5.2.3 :)

Ben Hutchings commented on Henry Lemmon's post over 5 years

Hi Henry,

I have found that linking to files directly within bower_components can be tricky when it comes to updating foundation as some of them can/will be moved or removed without warning. Also bower_components is commonly included in .gitignore so if you are push and pulling from a repository on your live installs it won't include bower_components or anything within it unless you've modified your .gitignore file.

As you're using the SASS setup I assume you're using some sort of preprocessor like Compass, Grunt, CodeKit? If so then I recommend that you 'roll your own' versions of the files you need. On some projects I like to bundle all the JS I need into one file called production.js in the js folder. Then when it comes to Foundation updates I choose which new/updated components to include.

Cheers,
Ben

Ben Hutchings commented on Ben Hutchings's post over 5 years

This is excellent Wing, such a simple solution!

I was going to fork and edit the file directly on Github but I want to test it a little more. I also think the setting will have to be 'false' by default so as not to effect everyones exiting layouts. The 'equalize_on_small' setting will also need to be added to the docs and I've not modified the docs before so will need to read-up on that.

I'm very tight on time at the moment so if anyone else wants to fork and add this please go ahead! Otherwise I'll get to it over the next few days.

Thanks again Wing, super cool...

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Porter Bayne's post over 3 years

Hi Gabriel,

I've not tried any of your code in F6, but just to add to Brian's pointer, here's the section that mentions adding new named queries in F6's Interchange docs: http://foundation.zurb.com/sites/docs/interchange.html#named-media-queries

You commented on Kamal Ahmad's post almost 5 years

Hi, the only two styles I can find are:

input[type="file"], input[type="checkbox"], input[type="radio"], select { margin: 0 0 1.14286rem 0; }
input[type="file"] { width: 100%; }

If you're using SASS they are in _forms.scss

input[type="file"],
input[type="checkbox"],
input[type="radio"],
select {
  margin: 0 0 $form-spacing 0;
}

input[type="checkbox"] + label,
input[type="radio"] + label {
  display: inline-block;
  margin-#{$default-float}: $form-spacing * .5;
  margin-#{$opposite-direction}: $form-spacing;
  margin-bottom: 0;
  vertical-align: baseline;
}

/* Normalize file input width */
input[type="file"] {
  width:100%;
}

You commented on Benni's post almost 5 years

gem uninstall sass 3.4.0 

You commented on Juhana's post almost 5 years

gem uninstall sass 3.4.0

You commented on Juhana's post almost 5 years

Hi, sorry to not have a solution for you here, just a "me too".

I've not had this in the past, but today I'm also finding that complied CSS has very little in it.
All I've changed is css_dir = "css" in config.rb.

I'm on OSx 10.8.5, Foundation 5.3.3, Compass 1.0.0 Bower 1.3.8, ruby 2.0.0 (I think, Ruby confuses me so, but thats what RVM reports)

You commented on Ben Hutchings's post about 5 years

Hi Ben... sure you can do that per element. Add the desired 'data-options' in the element that has the 'data-equalizer' set. i.e.

<div class="row" data-equalizer data-options="equalize_on_stack: true">

I've just tried it and it works fine :) Thanks for the idea :))

You commented on Jakob Bradshaw's post over 5 years

Morning, Which version of Foundation are you using? If it's 5.2.1 then there was a fix in 5.2.2 that makes Equalizer wait until images are loaded to do the height calculation.

But... taking a quick look at your code I think it might be the missing 'rows' around your columns. Where you have:
HTML
<div data-equalizer>

Can you please try:
HTML
<div class="row" data-equalizer>
etc etc

And let us know if that makes a difference.

You commented on Ben Hutchings's post over 5 years

Great, looking forward to seeing it in 5.2.3 :)

You commented on Henry Lemmon's post over 5 years

Hi Henry,

I have found that linking to files directly within bower_components can be tricky when it comes to updating foundation as some of them can/will be moved or removed without warning. Also bower_components is commonly included in .gitignore so if you are push and pulling from a repository on your live installs it won't include bower_components or anything within it unless you've modified your .gitignore file.

As you're using the SASS setup I assume you're using some sort of preprocessor like Compass, Grunt, CodeKit? If so then I recommend that you 'roll your own' versions of the files you need. On some projects I like to bundle all the JS I need into one file called production.js in the js folder. Then when it comes to Foundation updates I choose which new/updated components to include.

Cheers,
Ben

You commented on Ben Hutchings's post over 5 years

This is excellent Wing, such a simple solution!

I was going to fork and edit the file directly on Github but I want to test it a little more. I also think the setting will have to be 'false' by default so as not to effect everyones exiting layouts. The 'equalize_on_small' setting will also need to be added to the docs and I've not modified the docs before so will need to read-up on that.

I'm very tight on time at the moment so if anyone else wants to fork and add this please go ahead! Otherwise I'll get to it over the next few days.

Thanks again Wing, super cool...

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content