Menu icon Foundation

Designer | Omaha, NE

My Posts

Replies
  • Going Live - Best Practices

By Todd Richards

publishing

I'm new to using the command line and Foundation "SASS" style, but after understanding all of the benefits of doing so I probably won't ever go back to the manual download.  The question that I have is about all of the additional folders/fi... (continued)

Last Reply by Todd Richards over 3 years ago

• NEW
  • jQuery Best Practices

By Todd Richards

Up until now I've been doing "basic" Foundation sites, where all of the features I've needed were included with the Foundation package. However, the recent sites I'm working on requires some additional functionality, calling for either jQuery UI and the ... (continued)

My Comments

Todd Richards commented on Todd Richards's post over 3 years

So I was looking at this a bit more, and found that there is a "foundation build" command.  However, when I run this, no dist folder is created anywhere.  
Again, I'm using the Standard template so maybe that's the case.  Should I be using the Zurb template instead?  Advantages?

That would be great. How does this happen?  I looked back through the documentation and don't see it talk about this.  Did I miss something?  Thanks again for your help!

Todd Richards commented on Robert's post over 3 years

My thought was that the "show-for-medium" (not medium-only) would satisfy medium and higher, while the "show-for-small-only" would handle only small.

Todd Richards commented on Robert's post over 3 years

What happens if you use
<div class="show-for-medium"></div>
and
<div class="show-for-small-only"></div>

Hey Jacob -
I'm really sorry about the delay in replying to this.  I read it over quickly but wanted to come back to it.  I came across it in my Inbox when I was diving into this tonight.
Thank you so much for your explanation.  I think part of my issue was that I was initially choosing the Zurb Template option when setting up a new site, and didn't understand how everything worked.  Now it makes perfect sense. 
I set up my first project tonight with the command prompt and things seem to be working well.  It's a different folder structure than I'm used to, but I'll adjust to it as the advantages of the ease of setting up and choosing the modules you want far outweigh my issues.  Not to mention how easy it will be to update Foundation!!  
Oh yeah, I installed Browser Sync too - great tool (thanks for the suggestion!)
Anyway, I believe I'm off and running on my first project using the command line.  It's about time!!
Thanks again!

Todd Richards commented on Hugh Js's post almost 4 years

After spending the last two days fixing a clients hacked Wordpress site (from another developer), I'm going to echo Michael C.s comment above and suggest you look at other options besides WordPress. As he mentioned, ExpressionEngine and Craft get out of the way of your HTML and are extremely powerful when it comes to building websites. I have been using Foundation with ExpressionEngine since version 4, and it is great. You might also look at Perch (https://grabaperch.com/).

Posts Followed

Replies
  • show-for / hide-for

By Robert

shoHide

Seems i dont see the forest while watching so many trees: &nbsp; I have two divs like: &nbsp; &lt;div class="show-for-medium"&gt;&lt;/div&gt; and &lt;div class="hide-for-medium"&gt;&lt;/div&gt; &nbsp; medium is 600px. &nbsp; Everything is fine t... (continued)

Last Reply by Robert over 3 years ago

• NEW
  • jQuery Best Practices

By Todd Richards

Up until now I've been doing "basic" Foundation sites, where all of the features I've needed were included with the Foundation package. However, the recent sites I'm working on requires some additional functionality, calling for either jQuery UI and the ... (continued)

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Todd Richards's post over 3 years

So I was looking at this a bit more, and found that there is a "foundation build" command.  However, when I run this, no dist folder is created anywhere.  
Again, I'm using the Standard template so maybe that's the case.  Should I be using the Zurb template instead?  Advantages?

That would be great. How does this happen?  I looked back through the documentation and don't see it talk about this.  Did I miss something?  Thanks again for your help!

You commented on Robert's post over 3 years

My thought was that the "show-for-medium" (not medium-only) would satisfy medium and higher, while the "show-for-small-only" would handle only small.

You commented on Robert's post over 3 years

What happens if you use
<div class="show-for-medium"></div>
and
<div class="show-for-small-only"></div>

Hey Jacob -
I'm really sorry about the delay in replying to this.  I read it over quickly but wanted to come back to it.  I came across it in my Inbox when I was diving into this tonight.
Thank you so much for your explanation.  I think part of my issue was that I was initially choosing the Zurb Template option when setting up a new site, and didn't understand how everything worked.  Now it makes perfect sense. 
I set up my first project tonight with the command prompt and things seem to be working well.  It's a different folder structure than I'm used to, but I'll adjust to it as the advantages of the ease of setting up and choosing the modules you want far outweigh my issues.  Not to mention how easy it will be to update Foundation!!  
Oh yeah, I installed Browser Sync too - great tool (thanks for the suggestion!)
Anyway, I believe I'm off and running on my first project using the command line.  It's about time!!
Thanks again!

You commented on Hugh Js's post almost 4 years

After spending the last two days fixing a clients hacked Wordpress site (from another developer), I'm going to echo Michael C.s comment above and suggest you look at other options besides WordPress. As he mentioned, ExpressionEngine and Craft get out of the way of your HTML and are extremely powerful when it comes to building websites. I have been using Foundation with ExpressionEngine since version 4, and it is great. You might also look at Perch (https://grabaperch.com/).

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content