Menu icon Foundation

Developer | Detroit

Owner/Developer at Mustardseed Media

My Posts

My Comments

Rob Feature commented on Rob Feature's post over 4 years

Excellent, I'll try all this out tomorrow...thanks so much for taking the time to help me understand!

Ok, I'm starting to understand, thanks!

My last question is this: You say the width: property matches with the lower bound of the media query. But then in the font-family example you have min-width:500px.

So 40em and 500px both seem to be declaring the min-width....

Can you clarify how those work together?

(PS: I think you may want to explain some of this in the docs as it doesn't really explain what's happening here...)

Thanks for this info! However, can you explain for me what the purpose of using "font family" is? Why are we defining the breakpoint data in the font-family property (which, obviously, is used to define fonts, not breakpoints)?

Also, what does the 'width' do in this example?

Just a bump here...any help on this?

As a followup, I was able to pretty simply add the CSS I need to display the menu trigger (hamburger) and style the drop menu properly (when it would show). But the .js event that opens/closes the dropdown menu isn't active.

I could probably write my own bit of .js to make it work, but it sure would be nice to have a clean, foundation-driven solution to this instead of rolling my own. (I dont like creating my own solution if I dont have to mostly because it's bound to be slightly different than the way foundation does it when responsive..That lack of 'sameness' bugs me :))

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Rob Feature's post over 4 years

Excellent, I'll try all this out tomorrow...thanks so much for taking the time to help me understand!

Ok, I'm starting to understand, thanks!

My last question is this: You say the width: property matches with the lower bound of the media query. But then in the font-family example you have min-width:500px.

So 40em and 500px both seem to be declaring the min-width....

Can you clarify how those work together?

(PS: I think you may want to explain some of this in the docs as it doesn't really explain what's happening here...)

Thanks for this info! However, can you explain for me what the purpose of using "font family" is? Why are we defining the breakpoint data in the font-family property (which, obviously, is used to define fonts, not breakpoints)?

Also, what does the 'width' do in this example?

Just a bump here...any help on this?

As a followup, I was able to pretty simply add the CSS I need to display the menu trigger (hamburger) and style the drop menu properly (when it would show). But the .js event that opens/closes the dropdown menu isn't active.

I could probably write my own bit of .js to make it work, but it sure would be nice to have a clean, foundation-driven solution to this instead of rolling my own. (I dont like creating my own solution if I dont have to mostly because it's bound to be slightly different than the way foundation does it when responsive..That lack of 'sameness' bugs me :))

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content