Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

My Comments

Charlie Schliesser commented on Asif's post almost 6 years

I'm reading conflicting information in lots of places. I'm not sure that the recommendations above about using visibility classes are the best route – if a search engine sees <div class="hide-for-x">Some awesome SEO content.</div> and correlates that .hide-for-x { display: none; } is happening, I don't think you get credit for that content.

Charlie Schliesser commented on Leesa Ward's post almost 6 years

You are including _settings.scss after foundation, which means that your variables aren't taking effect. Instead, try the following in app.scss:

@import "settings"; 
@import "foundation"; 
@import "custom";

Charlie Schliesser commented on Robin Cox's post almost 6 years

Even with this variable set to false, _type.scss sets $header-font-family to use Open Sans. You must set $header-font-family: $body-font-family in your _settings.scss to combat this. I think it's a bad idea to hand-code font names like this in _type.scss.

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Asif's post almost 6 years

I'm reading conflicting information in lots of places. I'm not sure that the recommendations above about using visibility classes are the best route – if a search engine sees <div class="hide-for-x">Some awesome SEO content.</div> and correlates that .hide-for-x { display: none; } is happening, I don't think you get credit for that content.

You commented on Leesa Ward's post almost 6 years

You are including _settings.scss after foundation, which means that your variables aren't taking effect. Instead, try the following in app.scss:

@import "settings"; 
@import "foundation"; 
@import "custom";

You commented on Robin Cox's post almost 6 years

Even with this variable set to false, _type.scss sets $header-font-family to use Open Sans. You must set $header-font-family: $body-font-family in your _settings.scss to combat this. I think it's a bad idea to hand-code font names like this in _type.scss.

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content