Menu icon Foundation

Developer

My Posts

Replies
  • Foundation Font/Icons

By Lemon Pledge

fontsicons

Is there any more documentation on configuring this library? The explanation on this page is a bit thin and while I can see that it integrates with the style sheets the matter of physical placement and proper configuration seems limited. http://zurb.co... (continued)

Last Reply by Lemon Pledge over 4 years ago

Replies
  • 5 Star Ratings

By Lemon Pledge

ratings

A nice addition to Foundation would be a rating element that can be stylized and used for capturing ratings on a site. Perhaps different variations on a rating meter (e.g. stars, bars, thumbs-up, etc.).

Replies
  • Foundation SCSS

By Lemon Pledge

scss

Foundation uses a root level scss directory and another under bower_components/foundation/scss. What is unclear in the documentation is best practices. Should files be copied to the root level scss folder or referenced using a path to the bower_componen... (continued)

My Comments

Lemon Pledge commented on Lemon Pledge's post over 4 years

Ok, thanks.

Lemon Pledge commented on Jenny Shoars's post over 4 years

What about Sass?

Would the best approach be to add an import statement to app.css?

@import "../images/ico/foundation-icons";

Rename foundation-icons.css to _foundation-icons.css.

I'm currently working with Dreamweaver and whenever I move anything or rename anything it alerts me to path changes and asks me if I want to fix the dependencies so I'm just concerned about altering things until I have a workflow ironed out for working with this library.

Great, thanks.

This is what app.scss is configured for by default.

@import "settings";
@import "normalize"; // local path or does foundation know how to find it under bower?
@import "foundation";

Normalize.scss and foundation.scss are not local to the root level scss directory by default and under the bower_components directory structure they are not named with underscores. For that reason I'm wondering if foundation has a way to resolve normalize and foundation using the above settings or if the path needs to be changed and the name of the files changed to use underscores. The explanation seems limited in the documentation.

@import "settings";
@import "/bower_components/foundation/scscc/normalize";
@import "/bower_components/foundation/scscc/foundation";

Well, you're right about that. Having no content was simply shrinking the view area to a point where the menu couldn't be seen. There problem should be some mention of that in the documentation so it doesn't confuse anyone. I probably should have turned on borders to see the visible area, but it just hadn't occurred to me to do so.

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Lemon Pledge's post over 4 years

Ok, thanks.

You commented on Jenny Shoars's post over 4 years

What about Sass?

Would the best approach be to add an import statement to app.css?

@import "../images/ico/foundation-icons";

Rename foundation-icons.css to _foundation-icons.css.

I'm currently working with Dreamweaver and whenever I move anything or rename anything it alerts me to path changes and asks me if I want to fix the dependencies so I'm just concerned about altering things until I have a workflow ironed out for working with this library.

Great, thanks.

This is what app.scss is configured for by default.

@import "settings";
@import "normalize"; // local path or does foundation know how to find it under bower?
@import "foundation";

Normalize.scss and foundation.scss are not local to the root level scss directory by default and under the bower_components directory structure they are not named with underscores. For that reason I'm wondering if foundation has a way to resolve normalize and foundation using the above settings or if the path needs to be changed and the name of the files changed to use underscores. The explanation seems limited in the documentation.

@import "settings";
@import "/bower_components/foundation/scscc/normalize";
@import "/bower_components/foundation/scscc/foundation";

Well, you're right about that. Having no content was simply shrinking the view area to a point where the menu couldn't be seen. There problem should be some mention of that in the documentation so it doesn't confuse anyone. I probably should have turned on borders to see the visible area, but it just hadn't occurred to me to do so.

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content