Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

My Comments

Peter Graff commented on kappicraig's post about 6 years

if I correctly understand what you're looking to do, I think you need to use both the top-bar and tab-bar elements along with visualization classes to hide/show each at different screen widths. This is what Zurb does with their own site.

Looking at the Zurb site source code, I've been trying to do the same thing for a client site of mine (note that there seems to be a small issue with the top-bar element hiding its section-right links at screen widths between 600-1000px--I started a thread here: http://foundation.zurb.com/forum/posts/263-using-top-bar-with-tab-bar-+-off-canvas).

Hope this helps.

Peter Graff commented on Peter Graff's post about 6 years

Thanks, I'll give that a look.

It's surprising to me that Zurb hasn't implemented a single nav component with the behavior of the top-bar/tab-bar/off-canvas hybrid they're currently using on their own site. Such a cleaner and more refined UI than the top-bar alone. Maybe in the next update...

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on kappicraig's post about 6 years

if I correctly understand what you're looking to do, I think you need to use both the top-bar and tab-bar elements along with visualization classes to hide/show each at different screen widths. This is what Zurb does with their own site.

Looking at the Zurb site source code, I've been trying to do the same thing for a client site of mine (note that there seems to be a small issue with the top-bar element hiding its section-right links at screen widths between 600-1000px--I started a thread here: http://foundation.zurb.com/forum/posts/263-using-top-bar-with-tab-bar-+-off-canvas).

Hope this helps.

You commented on Peter Graff's post about 6 years

Thanks, I'll give that a look.

It's surprising to me that Zurb hasn't implemented a single nav component with the behavior of the top-bar/tab-bar/off-canvas hybrid they're currently using on their own site. Such a cleaner and more refined UI than the top-bar alone. Maybe in the next update...

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers