Menu icon Foundation

Designer | Campbell, CA

Designer at ZURB

My Posts

No Content

My Comments

Tim Hartwick commented on Joe Boss's post 7 months

Hey Joe!
What's the desired effect you're looking to do on smaller screens?

Tim Hartwick commented on Jim Christenson's post almost 2 years

Hm, I would guess that it's possible. Can you make sure that all of the Foundation 6 slider JS is outta there? I believe it's pretty portable. If you've tried that, are you receiving any errors?

Tim Hartwick commented on Robert's post almost 2 years

Nope! you can totally use foundation with PHP! Sense PHP is server side, it's still spitting out plain old HTML to your browser. This means as long as you import foundation properly and have the right classes applied in the output you should be fine!

What exactly were you experiencing when it didn't work?

Tim Hartwick commented on Paula Mourad's post almost 2 years

Hi Paula!
I'm not quite sure I understand what you'd like to be centered. Is there any way you can provide a sketch or mockup showing what you'd like to achieve?

Also, are you using Foundation 5 or 6?

Cheers!
Tim

Tim Hartwick commented on Max Drake's post almost 2 years

Hi Max! We're glad you're trying out foundation, and we're always happy to help.

If I'm understanding correctly, you might want try mimicking the modal effect by using a callout. Check it out here: http://foundation.zurb.com/sites/docs/toggler.html#toggle-with-animation

From here you can style it to your heart's desire.

Hope this helps!

Tim Hartwick commented on Jay Dcoder's post almost 2 years

If you're on a mac, Yeti Launch might be the easiest option. http://foundation.zurb.com/develop/yeti-launch.html

Just run a basic sites project and it'll give you the sass files.

Tim Hartwick commented on David Beach's post almost 2 years

Thanks for reaching out to us! The Gulp file looks alright. Can you double check to make sure you're editing the correct _settings.scss file? You should be editing the "/scss/_settings.scss" file.

It is a little strange that it's only taking 12 ms, it seems like sass doesn't know what to compile.

Keep us updated!

Tim Hartwick commented on Luis Fernando's post almost 2 years

Thanks for the demo! It looks like when a click event is fired it removes the "fixed" class from a wrapper div and applies it inside on the "nav" tag. It looks like if you keep that fixed class on the original div that it's applied to (line 15) it should stay fixed.

Hope this helps!

Tim Hartwick commented on Luis Fernando's post almost 2 years

Hi Luis!

Nice work on your prototype so far, it's got some serious promise!

I'm having trouble recreating your problem. I tried viewing this on a mobile device, and following the steps you described above, but couldn't recreate it. It looks like the topbar isn't fixed to the screen on this prototype. Can you try uploading screenshots?

Cheers!
Tim

Tim Hartwick commented on Justin J's post almost 2 years

Hi Justin,

I'm having trouble understanding the issue you're describing. I'm not seeing any loss of columns on my end. Could you upload screenshots, or let us know what steps you took to recreate this?

We do have some new treatment for tables for Foundation 6 here: http://foundation.zurb.com/sites/docs/table.html

Maybe the scroll table might help?

Cheers!
Tim

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

No Content

My Comments

You commented on Joe Boss's post 7 months

Hey Joe!
What's the desired effect you're looking to do on smaller screens?

You commented on Jim Christenson's post almost 2 years

Hm, I would guess that it's possible. Can you make sure that all of the Foundation 6 slider JS is outta there? I believe it's pretty portable. If you've tried that, are you receiving any errors?

You commented on Robert's post almost 2 years

Nope! you can totally use foundation with PHP! Sense PHP is server side, it's still spitting out plain old HTML to your browser. This means as long as you import foundation properly and have the right classes applied in the output you should be fine!

What exactly were you experiencing when it didn't work?

You commented on Paula Mourad's post almost 2 years

Hi Paula!
I'm not quite sure I understand what you'd like to be centered. Is there any way you can provide a sketch or mockup showing what you'd like to achieve?

Also, are you using Foundation 5 or 6?

Cheers!
Tim

You commented on Max Drake's post almost 2 years

Hi Max! We're glad you're trying out foundation, and we're always happy to help.

If I'm understanding correctly, you might want try mimicking the modal effect by using a callout. Check it out here: http://foundation.zurb.com/sites/docs/toggler.html#toggle-with-animation

From here you can style it to your heart's desire.

Hope this helps!

You commented on Jay Dcoder's post almost 2 years

If you're on a mac, Yeti Launch might be the easiest option. http://foundation.zurb.com/develop/yeti-launch.html

Just run a basic sites project and it'll give you the sass files.

You commented on David Beach's post almost 2 years

Thanks for reaching out to us! The Gulp file looks alright. Can you double check to make sure you're editing the correct _settings.scss file? You should be editing the "/scss/_settings.scss" file.

It is a little strange that it's only taking 12 ms, it seems like sass doesn't know what to compile.

Keep us updated!

You commented on Luis Fernando's post almost 2 years

Thanks for the demo! It looks like when a click event is fired it removes the "fixed" class from a wrapper div and applies it inside on the "nav" tag. It looks like if you keep that fixed class on the original div that it's applied to (line 15) it should stay fixed.

Hope this helps!

You commented on Luis Fernando's post almost 2 years

Hi Luis!

Nice work on your prototype so far, it's got some serious promise!

I'm having trouble recreating your problem. I tried viewing this on a mobile device, and following the steps you described above, but couldn't recreate it. It looks like the topbar isn't fixed to the screen on this prototype. Can you try uploading screenshots?

Cheers!
Tim

You commented on Justin J's post almost 2 years

Hi Justin,

I'm having trouble understanding the issue you're describing. I'm not seeing any loss of columns on my end. Could you upload screenshots, or let us know what steps you took to recreate this?

We do have some new treatment for tables for Foundation 6 here: http://foundation.zurb.com/sites/docs/table.html

Maybe the scroll table might help?

Cheers!
Tim

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers