Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

My Comments

Suzy van Houten commented on Suzy van Houten's post almost 5 years

Thanks again. I really appreciate all the help.

I've been trying out Rafi's/Peter's method by applying a full-width class to my row and giving the column divs their respective backgrounds. But I was wondering if you could advise me.

What do I do if I want the content placed within those two column divs to respect/follow the grid system?
Do I manually add my own padding or is there a better way?

I tried nesting a regular row within my full-width row. Do I add max-width:35.625rem to the nested row? (Or would $row-width/2 be fine?) Where do I go from there? Not sure what the best practice would be and if I'm on the right track.

Hope you're willing to help me out some more...

BTW. if it is in any way relevant my settings are...

$row-width: rem-calc(1140);
$total-columns: 12;
$column-gutter: rem-calc(20);

Suzy van Houten commented on Suzy van Houten's post almost 5 years

Dear Nick,

Thanks for taking the time to answer me. I looked at the codepen you made.

I guess I might not have been clear enough in explaining what I want. I'm not looking to create equal height columns. I want the background of both two small-6 divs in my row to take up the full width of the page , or the background of the row to consist of two backgrounds.

Just have another look at the example page I provided. You'll get a better understanding of what I mean.
I want to create the same thing as the panel just underneath "watch the video"

Any help is very much appreciated

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Suzy van Houten's post almost 5 years

Thanks again. I really appreciate all the help.

I've been trying out Rafi's/Peter's method by applying a full-width class to my row and giving the column divs their respective backgrounds. But I was wondering if you could advise me.

What do I do if I want the content placed within those two column divs to respect/follow the grid system?
Do I manually add my own padding or is there a better way?

I tried nesting a regular row within my full-width row. Do I add max-width:35.625rem to the nested row? (Or would $row-width/2 be fine?) Where do I go from there? Not sure what the best practice would be and if I'm on the right track.

Hope you're willing to help me out some more...

BTW. if it is in any way relevant my settings are...

$row-width: rem-calc(1140);
$total-columns: 12;
$column-gutter: rem-calc(20);

You commented on Suzy van Houten's post almost 5 years

Dear Nick,

Thanks for taking the time to answer me. I looked at the codepen you made.

I guess I might not have been clear enough in explaining what I want. I'm not looking to create equal height columns. I want the background of both two small-6 divs in my row to take up the full width of the page , or the background of the row to consist of two backgrounds.

Just have another look at the example page I provided. You'll get a better understanding of what I mean.
I want to create the same thing as the panel just underneath "watch the video"

Any help is very much appreciated

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content