Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

Replies
  • Multiple tootips not firing event

By Jerome

tooltip

Generating multiple items of foundation 5.4.6 tooltips in a rails 3.2 application as follows, where the title is populated and lacking references to `aria-describedby` and `data-selector` [see first code set] the js is being init'ed before the closi... (continued)

Last Reply by Jerome over 3 years ago

Replies
  • JS order and accordion rendering

By Jerome

accordion

Running foundation 5.4.6. On localhost the accordion is running fine. When I deploy to test server (within a rails 3.2.21 app) the accordion just shows the link. I am loading them in the following order script src="/assets/jquery.js?body=1" type="text... (continued)

Last Reply by jessica ndaye over 4 years ago

My Comments

Jerome commented on Bill Mounce's post 2 months

You've got an issue with one of your tabs.  Eliminate the tabs and their related content from the back end until the error disappears.  Then you'll know which tab was the guilty one.  and clean out from there.  In my use-case, I was nesting some tooltip with the tab string - which was in fact an icon object with the tooltip.  Foundation js code somewhere had a stomach ache.

Jerome commented on Jerome 's post over 3 years

Being honest here. There is no point in using javascript if avoidable... tooltips can be done in css-only and thus above link now shows that execution. It is my belief that foundation would benefit from such an approach.

The above code is wraped by a loop: @random_ozone_staticpages.each do |staticnav|

BTW, the odd matter is that on the same page, accordion is firing. The attempt is to migrate away from accordion because it creates uncomfortable page jumps which are bad for the UI...

<span data-tooltip title="<%= staticnav.abstract %>" aria-haspopup="true" class="has-tip tip-right" >
              <%= link_to staticnav.titolo, staticpage_url(staticnav, locale: I18n.locale.to_s), :class => "tab tab-#{staticnav.grouping}" %>
            </span>

Console reveals the following errors in all three cases, the basic init and the two suggested above.

TypeError: Modernizr is undefined
app.js:30:1
modernizr.js:30:1
ReferenceError: Modernizr is not defined
foundation.tooltip.js:168:1
Use of getPreventDefault() is deprecated. Use defaultPrevented instead.

test page is at saim_ozono.iwant2go2.com

ruby code to generate list is as follows:

" aria-haspopup="true" class="has-tip tip-right" >
<%= link_to staticnav.titolo, staticpage_url(staticnav, locale: I18n.locale.to_s), :class => "tab tab-#{staticnav.grouping}" %>

[Sorry for the double posting there but preview and editing was not obvious this run through]

Jerome commented on Jerome 's post over 4 years

I guess it is pointless to pursue this via JS when a CSS-only option can be implemented.

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Bill Mounce's post 2 months

You've got an issue with one of your tabs.  Eliminate the tabs and their related content from the back end until the error disappears.  Then you'll know which tab was the guilty one.  and clean out from there.  In my use-case, I was nesting some tooltip with the tab string - which was in fact an icon object with the tooltip.  Foundation js code somewhere had a stomach ache.

You commented on Jerome 's post over 3 years

Being honest here. There is no point in using javascript if avoidable... tooltips can be done in css-only and thus above link now shows that execution. It is my belief that foundation would benefit from such an approach.

The above code is wraped by a loop: @random_ozone_staticpages.each do |staticnav|

BTW, the odd matter is that on the same page, accordion is firing. The attempt is to migrate away from accordion because it creates uncomfortable page jumps which are bad for the UI...

<span data-tooltip title="<%= staticnav.abstract %>" aria-haspopup="true" class="has-tip tip-right" >
            </span>

Console reveals the following errors in all three cases, the basic init and the two suggested above.

app.js:30:1
modernizr.js:30:1
ReferenceError: Modernizr is not defined
foundation.tooltip.js:168:1
Use of getPreventDefault() is deprecated. Use defaultPrevented instead.

test page is at saim_ozono.iwant2go2.com

ruby code to generate list is as follows:

" aria-haspopup="true" class="has-tip tip-right" >

[Sorry for the double posting there but preview and editing was not obvious this run through]

You commented on Jerome 's post over 4 years

I guess it is pointless to pursue this via JS when a CSS-only option can be implemented.

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content