Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

Replies
  • Updating to 6.3.1

By Steven Muncy

updatesF6workflow

I have an existing project that uses F6.1.1. Bower should take care of the update for most of the files. I know settings.scss does not get overwritten. Are there other files that need manually updated? Are there any best practices for keeping Foundation current? Thanks.

Last Reply by Rebecca Chimenti about 2 years ago

• NEW
  • Updating to 6.3.1

By Steven Muncy

updatesF6workflow

I have an existing project that uses F6.1.1. Bower should take care of the update for most of the files. I know settings.scss does not get overwritten. Are there other files that need manually updated? Are there any best practices for keeping Foundation current? Thanks.

My Comments

Steven Muncy commented on Steven Muncy's post over 1 year

I don't really know how development works, if there are hard targets, or if they have to remain flexible. New features often take longer than expected, but may be worth the wait. Also, it must be a nightmare chasing new browser releases. I was just curious.

Steven Muncy commented on Dan's post about 2 years

Clint,
The above link throws a 404. Could you double check?

Steven Muncy commented on Steven Muncy's post over 2 years

The settings file is not overwritten. But the settings change due to bug fixes, updates, and enhancements. This needs some manual work. Are there other files that need to be treated similarly? Are there any other recommendations to minimize the work at update time?

Steven Muncy commented on Rafi Benkual's post over 2 years

Always interested in better search, nav, accessibility, and UI methods. You are on the right track, just keep them coming. I have already found several items to implement. Thanks to those willing to share their ideas and expertise.

Steven Muncy commented on Steven Muncy's post over 2 years

Great. I was worried that all the JS might collide and destroy the planet.

Steven Muncy commented on Kevin Neal's post over 2 years

Thanks Ben. It would be nice to have this feature on all screen sizes.

Steven Muncy commented on Rafi Benkual's post over 2 years

Great resource!

Steven Muncy commented on Coury R Richards's post over 3 years

I agree. If you are a full-time developer, I can see all of the extra tools may be a help. But for someone who has a site or two and just wants to keep current with bug fixes and improvements, it is overwhelming.

Steven Muncy commented on Chuong Huynh's post over 3 years

"For example, there are a lot of deps to install the foundation-cli. Does that mean it is the only way to install it, no. But the other methods are not as obvious or well documented."

Hopefully someone can write up a very simple way to integrate Foundation, and then be able to upgrade it as changes are made.

Steven Muncy commented on Steven Muncy's post over 3 years

Thanks. I understand. I'm sure it would be a tremendous amount of work to keep the forms up-to-date. Someday, when you have free time (LOL).

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

• Off Canvas TopBar fixed

I just finished my first Foundation comp and see how awesome and fast this can be, but I noticed the topbar makes no sense on mobile because it does not stay fixed at the top when the page is scrolled. Mobile devices require a visibly present nav. I ha... (continued) Read More

View More Posts by Nathan Snyder

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Steven Muncy's post over 1 year

I don't really know how development works, if there are hard targets, or if they have to remain flexible. New features often take longer than expected, but may be worth the wait. Also, it must be a nightmare chasing new browser releases. I was just curious.

You commented on Dan's post about 2 years

Clint,
The above link throws a 404. Could you double check?

You commented on Steven Muncy's post over 2 years

The settings file is not overwritten. But the settings change due to bug fixes, updates, and enhancements. This needs some manual work. Are there other files that need to be treated similarly? Are there any other recommendations to minimize the work at update time?

You commented on Rafi Benkual's post over 2 years

Always interested in better search, nav, accessibility, and UI methods. You are on the right track, just keep them coming. I have already found several items to implement. Thanks to those willing to share their ideas and expertise.

You commented on Steven Muncy's post over 2 years

Great. I was worried that all the JS might collide and destroy the planet.

You commented on Kevin Neal's post over 2 years

Thanks Ben. It would be nice to have this feature on all screen sizes.

You commented on Rafi Benkual's post over 2 years

Great resource!

You commented on Coury R Richards's post over 3 years

I agree. If you are a full-time developer, I can see all of the extra tools may be a help. But for someone who has a site or two and just wants to keep current with bug fixes and improvements, it is overwhelming.

You commented on Chuong Huynh's post over 3 years

"For example, there are a lot of deps to install the foundation-cli. Does that mean it is the only way to install it, no. But the other methods are not as obvious or well documented."

Hopefully someone can write up a very simple way to integrate Foundation, and then be able to upgrade it as changes are made.

You commented on Steven Muncy's post over 3 years

Thanks. I understand. I'm sure it would be a tremendous amount of work to keep the forms up-to-date. Someday, when you have free time (LOL).

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• Off Canvas TopBar fixed

I just finished my first Foundation comp and see how awesome and fast this can be, but I noticed the topbar makes no sense on mobile because it does not stay fixed at the top when the page is scrolled. Mobile devices require a visibly present nav. I ha... (continued) Read More

View More Posts by Nathan Snyder