Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

No Content

My Comments

Ian Daly commented on [email protected]'s post over 3 years

You might get scroll bars on a 600px wide layout unless you remove the margins on the left and right of the template. I think the 580px is to take these into account. You don't want your emails wider than 600px ever.

Ian Daly commented on c s's post over 3 years

Here is the scss to make round buttons, and also remove the border. not sure why it doesnt work from the settings file but just add this to your app.scss and you should be good.

.button {
td {
border-radius: 30px;
border: 0px solid transparent !important;
}
a {
text-align: center;
}
}

Ian Daly commented on Ian Daly's post almost 4 years

Essentially what I want is animated tabs.

Ian Daly commented on jstubbs's post about 4 years

It seems to be working fine for me.

The problem is that the content in the first tab pushes the page really far down, and since you dont have as much content in the second tab it goes back to its original position further up the page.

You could change the order of the tabs from least to most content to help avoid this possibly.

Ian Daly commented on Ian Daly's post almost 5 years

In case anyone else ever has trouble with this I figured it out. Just copy this code into your top-bar.php file in foundationpress:
<?php

add_filter( 'nav_menu_link_attributes', 'wpse121123_contact_menu_atts', 10, 3 );
function wpse121123_contact_menu_atts( $atts, $item, $args )
{
// The ID of the target menu item
$menu_target = 34;

// inspect $item
if ($item->ID == $menu_target) {
$atts['data-reveal-id'] = 'myModal';
}
return $atts;
}

?>

all you have to do is switch out the 34 for the # of the menu item you are trying to target.

$menu_target = #;

Thanks for the quick response. If you get time to take a look at it definitely let me know, I am having trouble figuring out how to implement it into my top bar.

Also is there an easy place to put any of my jquery in the theme or would i make a new file and link it somewhere?

Thanks!

Chris and Jeremy thanks again for your help. I have had success so far in moving my site over. I decided to go with foundationpress, Anyways I have run into one snag. Im running the reveal modal for my contact page, but Im running it from the main menu. I dont have any control over adding custom data attributes to the main menu. I think the answer lies here somewhere http://codex.wordpress.org/Plugin_API/Filter_Reference/nav_menu_link_attributes but I am having trouble figuring out how to set that up myself.

Any help on how to achieve this would be much appreciated.

Thank you guys so much for the responses! Yes I understand the framework fine its just wordpress that I find a little tricky. I am stoked that there is a community I can reach out to that will help me through any bumps in the road. Thanks again for all your responses, big shouts to Jeremy also for providing the joints framework and also being on here to provide support! I will also take a look at the foundationpress posted by Chris and the video posted by Steven. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, and sorry if this is a duplicate question from someone else, I did a little searching and was having a hard time finding a topic on this!

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

No Content

My Comments

You commented on [email protected]'s post over 3 years

You might get scroll bars on a 600px wide layout unless you remove the margins on the left and right of the template. I think the 580px is to take these into account. You don't want your emails wider than 600px ever.

You commented on c s's post over 3 years

Here is the scss to make round buttons, and also remove the border. not sure why it doesnt work from the settings file but just add this to your app.scss and you should be good.

.button {
td {
border-radius: 30px;
border: 0px solid transparent !important;
}
a {
text-align: center;
}
}

You commented on Ian Daly's post almost 4 years

Essentially what I want is animated tabs.

You commented on jstubbs's post about 4 years

It seems to be working fine for me.

The problem is that the content in the first tab pushes the page really far down, and since you dont have as much content in the second tab it goes back to its original position further up the page.

You could change the order of the tabs from least to most content to help avoid this possibly.

You commented on Ian Daly's post almost 5 years

In case anyone else ever has trouble with this I figured it out. Just copy this code into your top-bar.php file in foundationpress:
<?php

add_filter( 'nav_menu_link_attributes', 'wpse121123_contact_menu_atts', 10, 3 );
function wpse121123_contact_menu_atts( $atts, $item, $args )
{
// The ID of the target menu item
$menu_target = 34;

// inspect $item
if ($item->ID == $menu_target) {
$atts['data-reveal-id'] = 'myModal';
}
return $atts;
}

?>

all you have to do is switch out the 34 for the # of the menu item you are trying to target.

$menu_target = #;

Thanks for the quick response. If you get time to take a look at it definitely let me know, I am having trouble figuring out how to implement it into my top bar.

Also is there an easy place to put any of my jquery in the theme or would i make a new file and link it somewhere?

Thanks!

Chris and Jeremy thanks again for your help. I have had success so far in moving my site over. I decided to go with foundationpress, Anyways I have run into one snag. Im running the reveal modal for my contact page, but Im running it from the main menu. I dont have any control over adding custom data attributes to the main menu. I think the answer lies here somewhere http://codex.wordpress.org/Plugin_API/Filter_Reference/nav_menu_link_attributes but I am having trouble figuring out how to set that up myself.

Any help on how to achieve this would be much appreciated.

Thank you guys so much for the responses! Yes I understand the framework fine its just wordpress that I find a little tricky. I am stoked that there is a community I can reach out to that will help me through any bumps in the road. Thanks again for all your responses, big shouts to Jeremy also for providing the joints framework and also being on here to provide support! I will also take a look at the foundationpress posted by Chris and the video posted by Steven. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, and sorry if this is a duplicate question from someone else, I did a little searching and was having a hard time finding a topic on this!

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content