Menu icon Foundation

Designer

My Posts

• NEW
  • SASS Grid Confusion

By Wesley Picotte

Foundation Gridgrid sass

I'm using Foundation 6 Sites SASS to style grids and confused about the CSS compiled based on the rules I've written. Here's an example:   .inner { @include grid-col(10); @media screen and (min-width: 640px) { @include grid-colu... (continued)

• NEW
  • Help with Equalizer Error

By Wesley Picotte

Equalizerfoundation6

I've included foundation.equalizer.js into my document and get the following error:   app.js:10004 TypeError: Foundation.onImagesLoaded is not a function(…) (anonymous function) @ app.js:10004 jQuery.extend.each @ app.js:365 jQuery.... (continued)

My Comments

Wesley Picotte commented on Wesley Picotte's post over 3 years

Jethin, thanks. Solved my issue. Good idea re: checking the bug tickets.

Why is it so difficult to get support on buggy stuff with Foundation 6? I appreciate the framework, but it's very frustrating to apply it and get crickets as a response to issues that shouldn't occur in the first place.

Wesley Picotte commented on Andy Guera's post over 3 years

Is there a console error - like a 404 error on the added file?

Hi @Rafi Benkual - specifically, I'm trying to stack the two columns, center-aligned (as you see in the code), for medium-down widths, and for everything else have left / right (50%) columns.
I didn't include the media queries here because I was confused when .center didn't 'work', and .end didn't help (I'm still getting used to the mixins).
I should have done so in the first place -- nevertheless, two columns nested in the same row is what I need, but must manually cancel the float on the last child using the rules shown as-is. 
With this additional context, are you aware of a different approach using mixins that precludes the need to manually cancel the last-child float?
Thanks

Possible to bump this issue?

Thanks Rafi --
Fluidfonts works outside media queries as expected, and I have no SASS errors.
I've created a second post to address a broader scope of inconsistencies I've encountered when applying breakpoints to individual elements -- maybe you could take a look? If questions posed there are answered, that would clarify any issues described here.
http://foundation.zurb.com/forum/posts/44092-foundation-6-media-query-inconsistency

Thanks Paul - that solved the issue. Any idea why this is the case? I'm using two plug-ins on this project and obviously seek the smallest file size possible.

My solution has been to install F6 via bower, and manually install / add tasks to the gulpfile. Helpful vid on this here -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=De6H0eFrfvY (the vid references F5, but the process works fine for F6).
This is very manual, which completely defeats the purpose of installing Foundation via the CLI. Hence, it would be helpful to understand how to troubleshoot this, since all the "documentation" states is 'install dependencies, install our CLI, install foundation in your project, and voila'. There isn't even an error log available for troubleshooting?

It doesn't, though. No impact to the css file when I edit scss.

Wesley Picotte commented on Wesley Picotte's post about 4 years

Thanks. I wound up doing this:

<script>
$('img').on('load', function () {
$(document).foundation('equalizer', 'reflow');
});
</script>

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Wesley Picotte's post over 3 years

Jethin, thanks. Solved my issue. Good idea re: checking the bug tickets.

Why is it so difficult to get support on buggy stuff with Foundation 6? I appreciate the framework, but it's very frustrating to apply it and get crickets as a response to issues that shouldn't occur in the first place.

You commented on Andy Guera's post over 3 years

Is there a console error - like a 404 error on the added file?

Hi @Rafi Benkual - specifically, I'm trying to stack the two columns, center-aligned (as you see in the code), for medium-down widths, and for everything else have left / right (50%) columns.
I didn't include the media queries here because I was confused when .center didn't 'work', and .end didn't help (I'm still getting used to the mixins).
I should have done so in the first place -- nevertheless, two columns nested in the same row is what I need, but must manually cancel the float on the last child using the rules shown as-is. 
With this additional context, are you aware of a different approach using mixins that precludes the need to manually cancel the last-child float?
Thanks

Possible to bump this issue?

Thanks Rafi --
Fluidfonts works outside media queries as expected, and I have no SASS errors.
I've created a second post to address a broader scope of inconsistencies I've encountered when applying breakpoints to individual elements -- maybe you could take a look? If questions posed there are answered, that would clarify any issues described here.
http://foundation.zurb.com/forum/posts/44092-foundation-6-media-query-inconsistency

Thanks Paul - that solved the issue. Any idea why this is the case? I'm using two plug-ins on this project and obviously seek the smallest file size possible.

My solution has been to install F6 via bower, and manually install / add tasks to the gulpfile. Helpful vid on this here -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=De6H0eFrfvY (the vid references F5, but the process works fine for F6).
This is very manual, which completely defeats the purpose of installing Foundation via the CLI. Hence, it would be helpful to understand how to troubleshoot this, since all the "documentation" states is 'install dependencies, install our CLI, install foundation in your project, and voila'. There isn't even an error log available for troubleshooting?

It doesn't, though. No impact to the css file when I edit scss.

You commented on Wesley Picotte's post about 4 years

Thanks. I wound up doing this:

<script>
$('img').on('load', function () {
$(document).foundation('equalizer', 'reflow');
});
</script>

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content