Menu icon Foundation

Developer

My Posts

My Comments

Dave Daverson commented on Alex Vasquez's post over 3 years

Updating node/npm helped me with the nested dependency issues on Windows. It significantly cut down the size of my node_modules directory and eliminated the frustrating 260 character path issue.
npm -v

node -v
v4.3.2

Dave Daverson commented on Dave Daverson's post over 3 years

Makes sense, Rafi. Thank you for the explanation.

Dave Daverson commented on marvin's post over 3 years

Sorry to hear that, marvin. I just double checked and I was able to delete the files using Explorer and 7zip on Win7x64. In both cases, I was notified that the directory contained files who have names too long for the recycle bin, but was able to delete them never the less.

Perhaps one of the ideas in this Stack Overflow thread will help.

Dave Daverson commented on marvin's post over 3 years

This is related to the pesky 260 character pathname limitation in Windows. The node_modules directory can have some really deep nesting so you will get the error you're seeing when trying to move or delete the containing folder. The best solution I've found, which was right here in this forum, is to use the file manager built into the 7zip program.

Dave Daverson commented on Dinner Bowl's post over 3 years

This is an issue with your WordPress theme and not the Foundation framework. Presumably, the theme you're using has a custom menu walker which outputs HTML in a more Foundation friendly manner.

The notice is generated because the custom walker should use the same declaration as the original WP method. So, in your /Users/name/Desktop/htdocs/client/wp-content/themes/Foundation/functions.php on line 191, just change this:

foundation_navigation::start_lvl(&$output, $depth)

to this:

foundation_navigation::start_lvl(&$output, $depth = 0, $args = Array)

Dave Daverson commented on Amelia Banks's post almost 4 years

I'd suggest checking out Joints WP theme for ideas or even to incorporate your design into. It's really good!

http://jointswp.com/

Dave Daverson commented on Anthony Curcione's post over 5 years

Hi Anthony,

No problem! Yes, as far as I know, you'd have to use the master branch in the Github repo to take advantage of the most recent fixes. This is generally not a good idea for production code though.

Otherwise, you'll have to wait until the next update of Foundation regardless of whether you're using the CSS or Sass version. ...And once you do use the Sass version, you'll never look back! :-)

Dave Daverson commented on Anthony Curcione's post over 5 years

Word on the street is that this bug is fixed in the master branch and will be pushed out to the masses soon.

http://foundation.zurb.com/forum/posts/15625-menu-icon-not-appearing

Dave Daverson commented on Jon's post over 5 years

This got me off to a good start. There's also some good info in the docs for the grid, particularly under the section "Customize with Sass".

Dave Daverson commented on Chris Promotional's post almost 6 years

Hi guys,

Here's a relevant ticket on WP's bug tracker: https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/26609

Posts Followed

• Laravel 5.3 and end of the road...

By Vladimir

laravelBootstrap

Bootstrap is so heavily integrated now into each Laravel installation that it is almost impossible to "pull it out" without spending hours and hours of precious time to make it work (I still didn't even make it compile scss and js files via Elixir). Beca... (continued)

Last Reply by Vladimir about 3 years ago

Replies
  • Going Live - Best Practices

By Todd Richards

publishing

I'm new to using the command line and Foundation "SASS" style, but after understanding all of the benefits of doing so I probably won't ever go back to the manual download.  The question that I have is about all of the additional folders/fi... (continued)

Last Reply by Todd Richards over 3 years ago

Replies
  • So Long and Farewell

By Russel Porosky

bug

I used to love Foundation. It made all the things (well, most of them) nice and easy with a relative minimum of class name overhead. My designers would have their way with things and I never worried about whether or not those things would be troublesome. ... (continued)

Last Reply by Designer about 3 years ago

Replies
  • foundation 5 tab issues

By David Kavanagh

tabsdeep linkingjs

I'm going to take a chance and mention all my issues in one post. First, my tabs do switch just fine. I got things styled nicely, but... - the URL fragment doesn't reliably change when I select tabs. I thought I would see the #tab1 or #tab2 set in the UR... (continued)

Last Reply by Andy Grand over 5 years ago

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Alex Vasquez's post over 3 years

Updating node/npm helped me with the nested dependency issues on Windows. It significantly cut down the size of my node_modules directory and eliminated the frustrating 260 character path issue.
npm -v

node -v
v4.3.2

You commented on Dave Daverson's post over 3 years

Makes sense, Rafi. Thank you for the explanation.

You commented on marvin's post over 3 years

Sorry to hear that, marvin. I just double checked and I was able to delete the files using Explorer and 7zip on Win7x64. In both cases, I was notified that the directory contained files who have names too long for the recycle bin, but was able to delete them never the less.

Perhaps one of the ideas in this Stack Overflow thread will help.

You commented on marvin's post over 3 years

This is related to the pesky 260 character pathname limitation in Windows. The node_modules directory can have some really deep nesting so you will get the error you're seeing when trying to move or delete the containing folder. The best solution I've found, which was right here in this forum, is to use the file manager built into the 7zip program.

You commented on Dinner Bowl's post over 3 years

This is an issue with your WordPress theme and not the Foundation framework. Presumably, the theme you're using has a custom menu walker which outputs HTML in a more Foundation friendly manner.

The notice is generated because the custom walker should use the same declaration as the original WP method. So, in your /Users/name/Desktop/htdocs/client/wp-content/themes/Foundation/functions.php on line 191, just change this:

foundation_navigation::start_lvl(&$output, $depth)

to this:

foundation_navigation::start_lvl(&$output, $depth = 0, $args = Array)

You commented on Amelia Banks's post almost 4 years

I'd suggest checking out Joints WP theme for ideas or even to incorporate your design into. It's really good!

http://jointswp.com/

You commented on Anthony Curcione's post over 5 years

Hi Anthony,

No problem! Yes, as far as I know, you'd have to use the master branch in the Github repo to take advantage of the most recent fixes. This is generally not a good idea for production code though.

Otherwise, you'll have to wait until the next update of Foundation regardless of whether you're using the CSS or Sass version. ...And once you do use the Sass version, you'll never look back! :-)

You commented on Anthony Curcione's post over 5 years

Word on the street is that this bug is fixed in the master branch and will be pushed out to the masses soon.

http://foundation.zurb.com/forum/posts/15625-menu-icon-not-appearing

You commented on Jon's post over 5 years

This got me off to a good start. There's also some good info in the docs for the grid, particularly under the section "Customize with Sass".

You commented on Chris Promotional's post almost 6 years

Hi guys,

Here's a relevant ticket on WP's bug tracker: https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/26609

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content