Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

My Comments

Jack Lanman commented on Ole Fredrik Lie's post over 4 years

Just want to clarify something for those feverishly searching the forums like me and also wanted to give Ole Fredrick a break since he is nicely answering so many questions by answering my own(I think). As it turns out - the JS files that appear in Bower Components DO NOT get concated to the master js location (Foundation.js) upon running "foundation update". Whatever js scripts you want to use will have to be added to "custom" and they will be added to the main js file when you run the "grunt build" command. Don't know why this wasn't common sense, I suppose I just assumed that because the npm installs of those external js files appeared in Bower components that it was automatically included.

I'm sorry if this seemed stupid - like I said, I'm just coming off vanilla CSS and hand coding everything in good ole Smultron so you can imagine how learning SASS, Terminal/CLI, Node.js and Grunt.js now is a little daunting! Hope I now have this right. Looking forward to learning best practices with incorporating new js files into the mix!

Again, thank you Fredrik - FoundationPress is a game changer. Can't say it enough!

Jack Lanman commented on Ole Fredrik Lie's post over 4 years

Fredrik - you are a badass and thank you for this amazing boilerplate.

I'm trying to get Desandro's Masonry.js to work in FoundationPress and was astonished when I ran the command to install via CLI and the packaged scripts magically appeared in Bower Components. So I typed 'foundation update' and lots of stuff happened, haha.

I know this is a newbie question but I want to know how to confirm these files have now been added to the master js file my offline site is currently using. Also, do I just write the custom js parameters/initialize in the custom folder and then run
```grunt build

?

In a nutshell - I guess I'm asking how one installs a new JS file then how we use it within FoundationPress. Any best practice suggestion? (i.e. Install via CLI -> Run Foundation Update -> Make new Custom js file in Custom Folder -> Write HTML -> Eat burger.)

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Ole Fredrik Lie's post over 4 years

Just want to clarify something for those feverishly searching the forums like me and also wanted to give Ole Fredrick a break since he is nicely answering so many questions by answering my own(I think). As it turns out - the JS files that appear in Bower Components DO NOT get concated to the master js location (Foundation.js) upon running "foundation update". Whatever js scripts you want to use will have to be added to "custom" and they will be added to the main js file when you run the "grunt build" command. Don't know why this wasn't common sense, I suppose I just assumed that because the npm installs of those external js files appeared in Bower components that it was automatically included.

I'm sorry if this seemed stupid - like I said, I'm just coming off vanilla CSS and hand coding everything in good ole Smultron so you can imagine how learning SASS, Terminal/CLI, Node.js and Grunt.js now is a little daunting! Hope I now have this right. Looking forward to learning best practices with incorporating new js files into the mix!

Again, thank you Fredrik - FoundationPress is a game changer. Can't say it enough!

You commented on Ole Fredrik Lie's post over 4 years

Fredrik - you are a badass and thank you for this amazing boilerplate.

I'm trying to get Desandro's Masonry.js to work in FoundationPress and was astonished when I ran the command to install via CLI and the packaged scripts magically appeared in Bower Components. So I typed 'foundation update' and lots of stuff happened, haha.

I know this is a newbie question but I want to know how to confirm these files have now been added to the master js file my offline site is currently using. Also, do I just write the custom js parameters/initialize in the custom folder and then run
```grunt build

?

In a nutshell - I guess I'm asking how one installs a new JS file then how we use it within FoundationPress. Any best practice suggestion? (i.e. Install via CLI -> Run Foundation Update -> Make new Custom js file in Custom Folder -> Write HTML -> Eat burger.)

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content