Menu icon Foundation

Developer | Alachua, Fl

Alachua County Dev - site built on Foundation

My Posts

No Content

My Comments

JBennett commented on Christian Matthias's post over 4 years

I did what you said and patched your upstream changes in by hand. This is of course after the generator has built everything initally- now it builds on the Mac in VS Code. Instead of getting all into the extraneous details of "why" you can just go to my github and take a look at the files. There are a lot of extra includes that can be trimmed but it builds and I see the Foundation Template so we will go from here: https://github.com/wolfspider/zf5gen-redux

@Christian Actually- I was meaning to say the homebrew version of DNX was out of date at the time (mono beta-4) with the NPM but I went through your repo yesterday to take a look at the updates you mentioned. I will post more details about what is going wrong and what is going right in github. What has helped so far is now I have a baseline of the OmniSharp generator on Mac and Windows (VS 2015) with the exact some code in both projects. I even am connecting to SQL Server on the Mac because I have been using Mono for years now and know it has enough basic functionality to work (connect, pull account via credentials) even if EF is being redone. I am thinking what I am experiencing has something to do with my setup, I am using VS Code on the Mac which is basically Atom rebranded with some minor differences. I am trying to get our designers off of full blown VS and we are updating to TFS 2013 with GIT integration so I apologize my time is extremely divided but I'm committed to getting this up and running, and also learning as much as I can about vNext (there is a lot to take in). So, to summarize, everything looks good on your end but as for getting this all "turn key" on VS Code I'm going to need to document this step-by-step and will get back to you about it hopefully soon. Thanks again, this project is very helpful I've already learned a lot so far going through it.

Yeah the past two days I have decided to jump head first into this from the Mac perspective and Microsoft.AspNet.Security.Cookies is on beta3 while the rest of the libs in your generator can be pushed to beta4. Either way, DNX from homebrew is on beta4 (default) currently so without building the runtime from source our team would be hard pressed to have a step-by-step guide with the state of Roslyn currently. Not really a Foundation problem but more of a Mono runtime one. If you know of a way to hack it together let me know otherwise waiting for MS to catch up seems like the thing to do. I will make them an MVC template with your generator that has less Auth going on in the meantime.

Just wanted to say thank you for this. We have been using Foundation and SharePoint together at http://alachuacounty.us and so far we have yet to implement CI. Since most of us switch between Mac and PC I could see this potentially working out for us. We have our own custom build of Foundation 5 which works with SharePoint 2010 so we are mostly working out of Visual Studio. Web workbench auto-builds the Sass with any changes that occur, however automating a project for CI is a different story. Once again, thanks for your hard work.

JBennett commented on Brandon Parker's post over 4 years

tewst

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

No Content

My Comments

You commented on Christian Matthias's post over 4 years

I did what you said and patched your upstream changes in by hand. This is of course after the generator has built everything initally- now it builds on the Mac in VS Code. Instead of getting all into the extraneous details of "why" you can just go to my github and take a look at the files. There are a lot of extra includes that can be trimmed but it builds and I see the Foundation Template so we will go from here: https://github.com/wolfspider/zf5gen-redux

@Christian Actually- I was meaning to say the homebrew version of DNX was out of date at the time (mono beta-4) with the NPM but I went through your repo yesterday to take a look at the updates you mentioned. I will post more details about what is going wrong and what is going right in github. What has helped so far is now I have a baseline of the OmniSharp generator on Mac and Windows (VS 2015) with the exact some code in both projects. I even am connecting to SQL Server on the Mac because I have been using Mono for years now and know it has enough basic functionality to work (connect, pull account via credentials) even if EF is being redone. I am thinking what I am experiencing has something to do with my setup, I am using VS Code on the Mac which is basically Atom rebranded with some minor differences. I am trying to get our designers off of full blown VS and we are updating to TFS 2013 with GIT integration so I apologize my time is extremely divided but I'm committed to getting this up and running, and also learning as much as I can about vNext (there is a lot to take in). So, to summarize, everything looks good on your end but as for getting this all "turn key" on VS Code I'm going to need to document this step-by-step and will get back to you about it hopefully soon. Thanks again, this project is very helpful I've already learned a lot so far going through it.

Yeah the past two days I have decided to jump head first into this from the Mac perspective and Microsoft.AspNet.Security.Cookies is on beta3 while the rest of the libs in your generator can be pushed to beta4. Either way, DNX from homebrew is on beta4 (default) currently so without building the runtime from source our team would be hard pressed to have a step-by-step guide with the state of Roslyn currently. Not really a Foundation problem but more of a Mono runtime one. If you know of a way to hack it together let me know otherwise waiting for MS to catch up seems like the thing to do. I will make them an MVC template with your generator that has less Auth going on in the meantime.

Just wanted to say thank you for this. We have been using Foundation and SharePoint together at http://alachuacounty.us and so far we have yet to implement CI. Since most of us switch between Mac and PC I could see this potentially working out for us. We have our own custom build of Foundation 5 which works with SharePoint 2010 so we are mostly working out of Visual Studio. Web workbench auto-builds the Sass with any changes that occur, however automating a project for CI is a different story. Once again, thanks for your hard work.

You commented on Brandon Parker's post over 4 years

tewst

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content