Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

My Comments

Stephen commented on Stephen's post over 4 years

Got it - thanks for the reply. Looks like I was reading too much into the changelog. I have a custom validator set up for this already, but I was hoping to be able to ditch that.

Stephen commented on Stephen's post over 4 years

Hi Rafi,

Yes, that looks to be the same as the link I added in the post. I didn't see anything in the documentation about changes needed to get the validation to work for a checkbox group and wasn't able to get it to only require at least one checkbox to be checked in a checkbox group when testing with 5.5.2. I could just be missing something though.

Stephen commented on Rafi Benkual's post almost 6 years

Thanks Jason. I was trying to call

$(".validate").foundation("abide");

before initializing Foundation but could never get it to work. Adding the data attribute through JavaScript seems like a good way around this.

Stephen commented on Rafi Benkual's post almost 6 years

Hi Jordan,

I missed this response earlier - sorry about the delayed reply. The CMS module is Low Google Search on ExpressionEngine that hooks into a Google Search Appliance, but there are a number of other modules that create forms without giving us the ability to add in data attributes.

So is there no way to tell Foundation that every form with a class of .validate should initialize the Abide plugin? I'm wondering about this for both Foundation 4 and Foundation 5, since it seems like an obvious thing to do with jQuery.

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Stephen's post over 4 years

Got it - thanks for the reply. Looks like I was reading too much into the changelog. I have a custom validator set up for this already, but I was hoping to be able to ditch that.

You commented on Stephen's post over 4 years

Hi Rafi,

Yes, that looks to be the same as the link I added in the post. I didn't see anything in the documentation about changes needed to get the validation to work for a checkbox group and wasn't able to get it to only require at least one checkbox to be checked in a checkbox group when testing with 5.5.2. I could just be missing something though.

You commented on Rafi Benkual's post almost 6 years

Thanks Jason. I was trying to call

$(".validate").foundation("abide");

before initializing Foundation but could never get it to work. Adding the data attribute through JavaScript seems like a good way around this.

You commented on Rafi Benkual's post almost 6 years

Hi Jordan,

I missed this response earlier - sorry about the delayed reply. The CMS module is Low Google Search on ExpressionEngine that hooks into a Google Search Appliance, but there are a number of other modules that create forms without giving us the ability to add in data attributes.

So is there no way to tell Foundation that every form with a class of .validate should initialize the Abide plugin? I'm wondering about this for both Foundation 4 and Foundation 5, since it seems like an obvious thing to do with jQuery.

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content