Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

• Foundation 5 row width

By Andres Orozco

row

I wonder what's the purpose of having media queries for XLarge and XXLarge devices if row width is only 62.5rem, anyone can obviously change that size, but what's the purpose of having that as a default if in huge screens it will look tiny?

Last Reply by Rafi Benkual almost 5 years ago

My Comments

Andres Orozco commented on Andres Orozco's post over 4 years

Sorry Rafi, I fixed it. I found out that it was not working because I didn't create a libsass project and I was using grunt-contrib-sass instead of node-sass.

Thanks.

Rafi, I have one problem, I'm now using the foundation cli to install the framework and I'm also using grunt to do all the tasks, and I'm trying to compile sass using grunt sass plugin. This would be my example project structure after using foundation's cli to install the framework:

PROJECT
     - bower_components
         - foundation
               - css
               - js
               - scss
     - node_modules
     - scss
           _settings.scss
           app.scss
     - stylesheets
       index.html
       Gruntfile.js
       package.json

I'm trying to compile the app.scss file that is into my scss folder, to stylesheets folder, anyways, I have an error, it says it can't find "foundation/functions" into _settings.scss.

I'm getting more and more confused.

Rafi, the CLI works great, but it installs too many unseful files, and I have to change many things I don't want. This is supposed to be easy to deploy, but sometimes it's frustrating.

I'm sorry, but I'm a very organized person, and I just don't understand why there are so many files, and sometimes repeated. I created a project using the CLI, and when I checked the structure, I found a few things I don't understand, like:

• _settings file is located in scss folder, and also in scss folder into foundation folder into bower_components, it's a mess. Which one i'm supposed to edit?

• Where am I supposed to place my personal css? in the app.scss file? As I said, I'm a very organized person, and I don't like to mix my personal code with a framework or plugin code (personal preference), and the app.scss is also a bit confusing, allowing me to import each sass component as I need it, but also, the components are already imported in foundation.scss file, so, If I don't want a componen to be imported, I have to comment it in that foundation.scss file, and that's my point, why is there the option to import those components in app.scss, that's just like trying to do the same thing from two different place.

I don't know, I love foundation's grid, and plugins, but have you guys thought about changing foundation SCSS structure to make it clearer and easier to understand for a basic user?

Thank you.

Hello Tim, thanks for your answer.

I'm just using Sass gem in Ruby to compile Sass to Css, but yes, I'm planning to switch to grunt to do this and some other stuff in my projects.

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Andres Orozco's post over 4 years

Sorry Rafi, I fixed it. I found out that it was not working because I didn't create a libsass project and I was using grunt-contrib-sass instead of node-sass.

Thanks.

Rafi, I have one problem, I'm now using the foundation cli to install the framework and I'm also using grunt to do all the tasks, and I'm trying to compile sass using grunt sass plugin. This would be my example project structure after using foundation's cli to install the framework:

PROJECT
     - bower_components
         - foundation
               - css
               - js
               - scss
     - node_modules
     - scss
           _settings.scss
           app.scss
     - stylesheets
       index.html
       Gruntfile.js
       package.json

I'm trying to compile the app.scss file that is into my scss folder, to stylesheets folder, anyways, I have an error, it says it can't find "foundation/functions" into _settings.scss.

I'm getting more and more confused.

Rafi, the CLI works great, but it installs too many unseful files, and I have to change many things I don't want. This is supposed to be easy to deploy, but sometimes it's frustrating.

I'm sorry, but I'm a very organized person, and I just don't understand why there are so many files, and sometimes repeated. I created a project using the CLI, and when I checked the structure, I found a few things I don't understand, like:

• _settings file is located in scss folder, and also in scss folder into foundation folder into bower_components, it's a mess. Which one i'm supposed to edit?

• Where am I supposed to place my personal css? in the app.scss file? As I said, I'm a very organized person, and I don't like to mix my personal code with a framework or plugin code (personal preference), and the app.scss is also a bit confusing, allowing me to import each sass component as I need it, but also, the components are already imported in foundation.scss file, so, If I don't want a componen to be imported, I have to comment it in that foundation.scss file, and that's my point, why is there the option to import those components in app.scss, that's just like trying to do the same thing from two different place.

I don't know, I love foundation's grid, and plugins, but have you guys thought about changing foundation SCSS structure to make it clearer and easier to understand for a basic user?

Thank you.

Hello Tim, thanks for your answer.

I'm just using Sass gem in Ruby to compile Sass to Css, but yes, I'm planning to switch to grunt to do this and some other stuff in my projects.

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content