Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

My Comments

Pete Clark commented on Pete Clark's post over 4 years

Thanks, Elizabeth,

This method of manual installation seems to work so far, so at least I continue with the outstanding projects.

But it would be really useful if I could find out what was causing the problem, and get back to everything working properly

Pete Clark commented on Pete Clark's post almost 5 years

Nothing as yet... fingers still crossed.

Rafi - I simply changed rem-base to see if it would have any effect. Any change would be very obvious!

When it did, it proved that I had it working, and so I changed it back again.

It wasn't a "permanent" change

Thanks again.

I had already discovered James Stone, but what he was doing was "further down the line" that what I was able to do, until I got the responses here.

As to mail, I also use Wamp, and have written an email class with adds "default" email information from a config file, then checks if the program is running locally, by checking $_SERVER['HTTP_POST'], and if it is, it shows the message "Email withheld in test environment", together with all the to/from/subect/message etc. Really useful, because it means that nothing leaves the test environment.. But a little off-topic...

bundle exec compass watch
gave me a working copy!

I changed $rem-base to
$rem-base: 32px;
and screwed the screen up! Then changed it back, and the screen was "right" again! So it works.

Thank you so much. I can move forward at last!

Next question is, what I need to upload to "live" to get a working version. And what effect the different settings in _settings.scss make. (OK, that was two questions!)

I am pretty sure that I have seen this somewhere, but of course, it didn't make sense without a working copy. Let's see if I can find it.

Thanks again, Rafi and Michaeal

It was git installation.

When installing git, there are two options. The first is
"Use Git from git bash only",
the second is
"Use git from the windows command prompt"

I had originally used the default setting the first one. I tried it with second, and now Ruby can "see" git.

So I entered again (from within "Start Command Prompt with Ruby")
C:\Ruby200>foundation new project4
and now have project4 setup. Index.html but with no css connected, css and js appear to be in bower_components - I guess there is another step to go, I haven't got this far before!

If anyone can tell confirm that what I have done is correct, and what the next step should be (or better, where the instructions are), I would appreciate it!

Pete Clark commented on Pete Clark's post about 5 years

Can I extend my question...

I have copied the example "Setting Up Validation" from
http://foundation.zurb.com/docs/components/abide.html

If I don't enter anything in the first of the two fields, but enter data for the second field correctly, then I still get an error on both fields - even though the second field is correctly filled out.

Does abide ever work?

Help!

Pete Clark commented on Pete Clark's post almost 6 years

Thanks, that looks like what I am looking for. Off to try it now!

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Pete Clark's post over 4 years

Thanks, Elizabeth,

This method of manual installation seems to work so far, so at least I continue with the outstanding projects.

But it would be really useful if I could find out what was causing the problem, and get back to everything working properly

You commented on Pete Clark's post almost 5 years

Nothing as yet... fingers still crossed.

Rafi - I simply changed rem-base to see if it would have any effect. Any change would be very obvious!

When it did, it proved that I had it working, and so I changed it back again.

It wasn't a "permanent" change

Thanks again.

I had already discovered James Stone, but what he was doing was "further down the line" that what I was able to do, until I got the responses here.

As to mail, I also use Wamp, and have written an email class with adds "default" email information from a config file, then checks if the program is running locally, by checking $_SERVER['HTTP_POST'], and if it is, it shows the message "Email withheld in test environment", together with all the to/from/subect/message etc. Really useful, because it means that nothing leaves the test environment.. But a little off-topic...

bundle exec compass watch
gave me a working copy!

I changed $rem-base to
$rem-base: 32px;
and screwed the screen up! Then changed it back, and the screen was "right" again! So it works.

Thank you so much. I can move forward at last!

Next question is, what I need to upload to "live" to get a working version. And what effect the different settings in _settings.scss make. (OK, that was two questions!)

I am pretty sure that I have seen this somewhere, but of course, it didn't make sense without a working copy. Let's see if I can find it.

Thanks again, Rafi and Michaeal

It was git installation.

When installing git, there are two options. The first is
"Use Git from git bash only",
the second is
"Use git from the windows command prompt"

I had originally used the default setting the first one. I tried it with second, and now Ruby can "see" git.

So I entered again (from within "Start Command Prompt with Ruby")
C:\Ruby200>foundation new project4
and now have project4 setup. Index.html but with no css connected, css and js appear to be in bower_components - I guess there is another step to go, I haven't got this far before!

If anyone can tell confirm that what I have done is correct, and what the next step should be (or better, where the instructions are), I would appreciate it!

You commented on Pete Clark's post about 5 years

Can I extend my question...

I have copied the example "Setting Up Validation" from
http://foundation.zurb.com/docs/components/abide.html

If I don't enter anything in the first of the two fields, but enter data for the second field correctly, then I still get an error on both fields - even though the second field is correctly filled out.

Does abide ever work?

Help!

You commented on Pete Clark's post almost 6 years

Thanks, that looks like what I am looking for. Off to try it now!

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content