Menu icon Foundation

Developer | Italy

Ex-rockstar, information scientist, web user interfaces developer, rts (wannabe)pro player. [this unit is a flippin' shortcutter ninja]

My Posts

No Content

My Comments

Luca Pastorello commented on Christophe Maso's post over 4 years

There is no easy way to do that,
unlike other foundation javascripts (like foundation.tabs.js, foundation.equalizer.js)
foundation.dropdown.js heavily leverages on ecma5 strict language.

So, many methods like getElementsByClassName, window.outerWidth, etc. etc. are not supported by IE8.

In case of IE8,
I suggest you to unbind all events from that dropdown and mount a IE8 compatible script to handle it or give to the dropdown another kind of fallback.

(it's also possible to rewrite line-by-line (~440) all unsupported methods from foundation.dropdown.js appliyng it's relative javascript fallback)

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

No Content

My Comments

You commented on Christophe Maso's post over 4 years

There is no easy way to do that,
unlike other foundation javascripts (like foundation.tabs.js, foundation.equalizer.js)
foundation.dropdown.js heavily leverages on ecma5 strict language.

So, many methods like getElementsByClassName, window.outerWidth, etc. etc. are not supported by IE8.

In case of IE8,
I suggest you to unbind all events from that dropdown and mount a IE8 compatible script to handle it or give to the dropdown another kind of fallback.

(it's also possible to rewrite line-by-line (~440) all unsupported methods from foundation.dropdown.js appliyng it's relative javascript fallback)

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content