Menu icon Foundation

Engineer | San Francisco

My Posts

No Content

My Comments

Jensen Hussey commented on Daniel Watson's post over 4 years

Hi Daniel!

I see no one /actually/ answered the question you have so I decided to pipe in.

I know that there are sometimes cases beyond your control that require you to use a non-responsive grid.

In order to use Foundation's grid WITHOUT adhering to responsive design all you need to do is have a top-level parent container that has a static width. For example if the site is 980px wide, set the parent container as width: 980px. Even if you use the responsive grid which is %-based, the percentages will only ever adhere to that 980px space, and not the window.

Also remove all of the media queries from you application, or just use the small grid classes.

Furthermore remove the meta viewport tag in the HTML.

I hope this helps.

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

No Content

My Comments

You commented on Daniel Watson's post over 4 years

Hi Daniel!

I see no one /actually/ answered the question you have so I decided to pipe in.

I know that there are sometimes cases beyond your control that require you to use a non-responsive grid.

In order to use Foundation's grid WITHOUT adhering to responsive design all you need to do is have a top-level parent container that has a static width. For example if the site is 980px wide, set the parent container as width: 980px. Even if you use the responsive grid which is %-based, the percentages will only ever adhere to that 980px space, and not the window.

Also remove all of the media queries from you application, or just use the small grid classes.

Furthermore remove the meta viewport tag in the HTML.

I hope this helps.

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content