Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

No Content

My Comments

Andrew Revinsky commented on J Ward's post almost 5 years

You know, with all due respect, SASS just could determine whether a variable gets to change its value inside @media queries and produce output accordingly.

For instance, ZURB uses $topbar-height variable to control the height of the top bar.

How do I easily make different heights for small and medium, without overloading native code that is? It seems there's no way.

What SASS just could do is creating a shadow variable with attributes marking the media-query adherence. And when the consecutive code parts require this variable the pre-processor would have to generate versions of the code for each version of the variable (with the grouping, of course).

Andrew Revinsky commented on Allan Kendall's post almost 5 years

Here's what has been wrong in my case. Hope it helps someone.

Make sure the paths to Nodejs and NPM are not enclosed in quotes ("). This is crucial, as the generator code simply permutates all sub-paths of the PATH env variable with the known exec extensions in PATHEXT env variable.. and concatenates the value to find the right file.

So, you want it to come up with at least this (on Windows):

C:\Program Files\nodejs\/node.EXE

and surely not this:

"C:\Program Files\nodejs\"/node.EXE

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

No Content

My Comments

You commented on J Ward's post almost 5 years

You know, with all due respect, SASS just could determine whether a variable gets to change its value inside @media queries and produce output accordingly.

For instance, ZURB uses $topbar-height variable to control the height of the top bar.

How do I easily make different heights for small and medium, without overloading native code that is? It seems there's no way.

What SASS just could do is creating a shadow variable with attributes marking the media-query adherence. And when the consecutive code parts require this variable the pre-processor would have to generate versions of the code for each version of the variable (with the grouping, of course).

You commented on Allan Kendall's post almost 5 years

Here's what has been wrong in my case. Hope it helps someone.

Make sure the paths to Nodejs and NPM are not enclosed in quotes ("). This is crucial, as the generator code simply permutates all sub-paths of the PATH env variable with the known exec extensions in PATHEXT env variable.. and concatenates the value to find the right file.

So, you want it to come up with at least this (on Windows):

C:\Program Files\nodejs\/node.EXE

and surely not this:

"C:\Program Files\nodejs\"/node.EXE

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content