Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

Replies
  • Broken Grid

By Alex Hudson

gridcolumnscolumnSass

I recently opened up a project I haven't been working on for several months. Not immediately, but not long after I got started, it appears that the foundation grid I customized was removed or broken. The development environment was set up for me by a c... (continued)

Last Reply by Keeley Tarter almost 5 years ago

My Comments

Alex Hudson commented on Alex Hudson's post almost 4 years

Thanks Rafi. I have moved this request for support to the proper channel.

I believe this thread can be closed. Thanks for all your help.

Hi Rafi,

This problem remains unresolved. Will you be able to offer any insight here?

Thanks for your help,
-Alex

Hi Rafi,

I backed up my project and created a new install from scratch. This appears to have corrected the issue with modernizr as you have suggested.

However, now when I try to implement the SCSS from my backup project, I am noticing an error using compass transition mixin:
@include transition(###);

This is the error I receive:
error scss/app.scss (Line 124 of bower_components/foundation/scss/foundation/components/_global.scss: Undefined variable: "$_property".

It it resolved when I remove the use of the mixin from app.scss.

Any ideas why now there is a problem using this?

Thanks,
-Alex

Any other suggestions here? I'd love to have modernizr running properly before I move into the next phase of development.

Thanks-

Hi Rafi,

I tried to run based on your instructions and unfortunately the problem is not fixed. I ran "bower update" as you instructed. modernizr.js still not found.

Alex Hudson commented on Jeremy Englert's post almost 5 years

What if you want to add a style to the tooltip hover (for instance I don't see a default setting for box-shadow). I'd like to add one but can't figure out how to select the hover itself.

Alex Hudson commented on Alex Hudson's post almost 5 years

CSS path hasn't been touched. I double-checked and that doesn't seem to be the issue. Since I'm using sass, my screen.scss file is (was) importing the foundation grid component, and as a result there is just a single style sheet (screen.css) that manages all styles. Everything seems fine except grid classes so that must not be the case.

I believe it was Foundation 4 when I started the project. Could there be a live connection that has created a conflict with Foundation 5 being the newest release?

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Alex Hudson's post almost 4 years

Thanks Rafi. I have moved this request for support to the proper channel.

I believe this thread can be closed. Thanks for all your help.

Hi Rafi,

This problem remains unresolved. Will you be able to offer any insight here?

Thanks for your help,
-Alex

Hi Rafi,

I backed up my project and created a new install from scratch. This appears to have corrected the issue with modernizr as you have suggested.

However, now when I try to implement the SCSS from my backup project, I am noticing an error using compass transition mixin:
@include transition(###);

This is the error I receive:
error scss/app.scss (Line 124 of bower_components/foundation/scss/foundation/components/_global.scss: Undefined variable: "$_property".

It it resolved when I remove the use of the mixin from app.scss.

Any ideas why now there is a problem using this?

Thanks,
-Alex

Any other suggestions here? I'd love to have modernizr running properly before I move into the next phase of development.

Thanks-

Hi Rafi,

I tried to run based on your instructions and unfortunately the problem is not fixed. I ran "bower update" as you instructed. modernizr.js still not found.

You commented on Jeremy Englert's post almost 5 years

What if you want to add a style to the tooltip hover (for instance I don't see a default setting for box-shadow). I'd like to add one but can't figure out how to select the hover itself.

You commented on Alex Hudson's post almost 5 years

CSS path hasn't been touched. I double-checked and that doesn't seem to be the issue. Since I'm using sass, my screen.scss file is (was) importing the foundation grid component, and as a result there is just a single style sheet (screen.css) that manages all styles. Everything seems fine except grid classes so that must not be the case.

I believe it was Foundation 4 when I started the project. Could there be a live connection that has created a conflict with Foundation 5 being the newest release?

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content