Menu icon Foundation

Engineer | Frankfurt, Germany

My Posts

• NEW
  • Orbit Slider in F6 for production?

By Fabian

Orbitsliderstable

HI there,   i haven't found a post to this topic, sorry if I double up! In F5 the orbit slider was depreciated with a note not to use it on production sites, but came back in F6. Can we use the new orbit in F6 on production again? It should b... (continued)

My Comments

Fabian commented on Joshua Smith's post over 2 years

Hey Rafi

and how to do this nowadays with F6? push and pull doesnt seem to work anymore?

all the best

Fabian commented on Tim Logemann's post almost 3 years

Those are way more than just good news, for me it's gamechanging for the offcanvas. The demo looks so good, can't wait to use it - now that I made my own solution which isn't as performant as needed. 

Thank you so much @brettsmason - you got my shoutout!

Fabian commented on Tim Logemann's post about 3 years

It works as Brandon suggests. But still I can not use it, as the function of clicking anywhere to close it, is to important for the usability. So right now, I'm using a plugin like slidebars, which isn't nice.

Is there any option we can close @Brandons Solution by clicking anywhere + reducing the opacity of every other element? If there would be one, I'd totaly sign Brandons approach.

Hoping for some help.

Fabian commented on Fabian's post about 3 years

Hi Rafi,

please see the following two examples - the first is a youtube video (placeholder right now), which will play on hover. The second is an expanded row with a subline. The subline can be linked or can open a tooltip with product infos. 
Right now the tooltips are aligned to the upper left corner. The should be centered above and (thats important too) they should change the direction. So if I set them to open on the upper corner, it shouldn't be shown below the element if the paged is scrolled (right now, if the space to the upper end of window is too small it will show the tooltip below the trigger instead of above.)
I am really looking forward to your reply! All the best

Fabian commented on Remco Janssen's post about 3 years

Please take a look here: http://foundation.zurb.com/sites/docs/dropdown.html - you can style the dropdown contents in every way, so maybe this is your solution? (you'll need to change the width)

It worked for me, but if there is any smarter solution, please inform over here, so I get this update too ;)
@Remco: If you write your own function, keep touch in mind, there is no hover.

Best luck!

Posts Followed

Replies
  • Overlap Foundation Divs

By Joshua Smith

positionoverlap

What is the Foundation way to overlap divs that have widths already set? I am trying not to use absolute positioning if I can avoid it. I would like one prominent center image with the other two smaller and behind the centered image. I thought ther... (continued)

Last Reply by Paul Kirby over 2 years ago

Replies
  • F6 offcanvas overlap

By Tim Logemann

foundation 6offcanvasoverlap

In Foundation 5 getting the offcanvas to overlap instead of push was really easy. In Foundation 6 not so much, the Foundation 5 way doesn't work anymore (like I expected) and there are no signs of this on the docs. Is it still possible to get the offca... (continued)

Last Reply by YH almost 3 years ago

• Can data-toggler act on hover?

By Remco Janssen

data-toggler

I am using data-toggler for a project, and I'm a big fan of the function, but I really would like the toggle to happen on hover. I want to reveal a 'megamenu' when hovering over a menu-item. If data-toggler can help me out here, great, if not I'll have to... (continued)

Last Reply by Fabian about 3 years ago

Following

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Joshua Smith's post over 2 years

Hey Rafi

and how to do this nowadays with F6? push and pull doesnt seem to work anymore?

all the best

You commented on Tim Logemann's post almost 3 years

Those are way more than just good news, for me it's gamechanging for the offcanvas. The demo looks so good, can't wait to use it - now that I made my own solution which isn't as performant as needed. 

Thank you so much @brettsmason - you got my shoutout!

You commented on Tim Logemann's post about 3 years

It works as Brandon suggests. But still I can not use it, as the function of clicking anywhere to close it, is to important for the usability. So right now, I'm using a plugin like slidebars, which isn't nice.

Is there any option we can close @Brandons Solution by clicking anywhere + reducing the opacity of every other element? If there would be one, I'd totaly sign Brandons approach.

Hoping for some help.

You commented on Fabian's post about 3 years

Hi Rafi,

please see the following two examples - the first is a youtube video (placeholder right now), which will play on hover. The second is an expanded row with a subline. The subline can be linked or can open a tooltip with product infos. 
Right now the tooltips are aligned to the upper left corner. The should be centered above and (thats important too) they should change the direction. So if I set them to open on the upper corner, it shouldn't be shown below the element if the paged is scrolled (right now, if the space to the upper end of window is too small it will show the tooltip below the trigger instead of above.)
I am really looking forward to your reply! All the best

You commented on Remco Janssen's post about 3 years

Please take a look here: http://foundation.zurb.com/sites/docs/dropdown.html - you can style the dropdown contents in every way, so maybe this is your solution? (you'll need to change the width)

It worked for me, but if there is any smarter solution, please inform over here, so I get this update too ;)
@Remco: If you write your own function, keep touch in mind, there is no hover.

Best luck!

Posts Followed

Following

Followers

• No Content