Menu icon Foundation

Designer

Web Designer from the UK, more details on twitter.

My Posts

My Comments

Fred Rivett commented on Fred Rivett's post 10 months

Hey Hans,
Thanks for taking the time to respond here. I'm new to webpack and not an expert in gulp/grunt so you may be right with what you say, I don't fully get the difference.
It seems to me webpack is designed as a replacement for gulp/grunt, a new, better way of achieving those things. I can imagine things moving over to webpack from gulp over the coming months and years. I don't think it makes sense to run gulp to do foundation-emails processing whilst everything else is on webpack, which means if people do switch to webpack then that will become the place to process foundation-emails and inky.
An alternative to Foundation Emails is MJML and someone's built a webpack loader for that, so I think I'll migrate over to that.
Thanks again for your help Hans.

Fred Rivett commented on Scott Greenwald's post almost 3 years

Scott, you are a legend! Thanks for this :)

Fred Rivett commented on Paul Elphick's post over 3 years

Hi all,

Thanks so much for the above. Really helpful.

I did as Rafi suggested and it kinda worked. The thing that stopped it from working is this bit of code, you may have something similar:

<nav class="top-bar contain-to-grid" data-topbar role="navigation">
  <ul class="title-area">
    <li class="name show-for-small-only">
      <h1><a href="#">Site Title</a></h1>
    </li>
    [...]

Swap that 'show-for-small-only' out to 'show-for-medium-down' and it should work as expected. Without that tweak it just showed me the first list item which isn't what I want!

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Fred Rivett's post 10 months

Hey Hans,
Thanks for taking the time to respond here. I'm new to webpack and not an expert in gulp/grunt so you may be right with what you say, I don't fully get the difference.
It seems to me webpack is designed as a replacement for gulp/grunt, a new, better way of achieving those things. I can imagine things moving over to webpack from gulp over the coming months and years. I don't think it makes sense to run gulp to do foundation-emails processing whilst everything else is on webpack, which means if people do switch to webpack then that will become the place to process foundation-emails and inky.
An alternative to Foundation Emails is MJML and someone's built a webpack loader for that, so I think I'll migrate over to that.
Thanks again for your help Hans.

You commented on Scott Greenwald's post almost 3 years

Scott, you are a legend! Thanks for this :)

You commented on Paul Elphick's post over 3 years

Hi all,

Thanks so much for the above. Really helpful.

I did as Rafi suggested and it kinda worked. The thing that stopped it from working is this bit of code, you may have something similar:

<nav class="top-bar contain-to-grid" data-topbar role="navigation">
  <ul class="title-area">
    <li class="name show-for-small-only">
      <h1><a href="#">Site Title</a></h1>
    </li>
    [...]

Swap that 'show-for-small-only' out to 'show-for-medium-down' and it should work as expected. Without that tweak it just showed me the first list item which isn't what I want!

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content