Menu icon Foundation

Designer

Web Designer from the UK, more details on twitter.

My Posts

My Comments

Fred Rivett commented on Fred Rivett's post over 1 year

Hey Hans,
Thanks for taking the time to respond here. I'm new to webpack and not an expert in gulp/grunt so you may be right with what you say, I don't fully get the difference.
It seems to me webpack is designed as a replacement for gulp/grunt, a new, better way of achieving those things. I can imagine things moving over to webpack from gulp over the coming months and years. I don't think it makes sense to run gulp to do foundation-emails processing whilst everything else is on webpack, which means if people do switch to webpack then that will become the place to process foundation-emails and inky.
An alternative to Foundation Emails is MJML and someone's built a webpack loader for that, so I think I'll migrate over to that.
Thanks again for your help Hans.

Fred Rivett commented on Scott Greenwald's post over 3 years

Scott, you are a legend! Thanks for this :)

Fred Rivett commented on Paul Elphick's post about 4 years

Hi all,

Thanks so much for the above. Really helpful.

I did as Rafi suggested and it kinda worked. The thing that stopped it from working is this bit of code, you may have something similar:

<nav class="top-bar contain-to-grid" data-topbar role="navigation">
  <ul class="title-area">
    <li class="name show-for-small-only">
      <h1><a href="#">Site Title</a></h1>
    </li>
    [...]

Swap that 'show-for-small-only' out to 'show-for-medium-down' and it should work as expected. Without that tweak it just showed me the first list item which isn't what I want!

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Fred Rivett's post over 1 year

Hey Hans,
Thanks for taking the time to respond here. I'm new to webpack and not an expert in gulp/grunt so you may be right with what you say, I don't fully get the difference.
It seems to me webpack is designed as a replacement for gulp/grunt, a new, better way of achieving those things. I can imagine things moving over to webpack from gulp over the coming months and years. I don't think it makes sense to run gulp to do foundation-emails processing whilst everything else is on webpack, which means if people do switch to webpack then that will become the place to process foundation-emails and inky.
An alternative to Foundation Emails is MJML and someone's built a webpack loader for that, so I think I'll migrate over to that.
Thanks again for your help Hans.

You commented on Scott Greenwald's post over 3 years

Scott, you are a legend! Thanks for this :)

You commented on Paul Elphick's post about 4 years

Hi all,

Thanks so much for the above. Really helpful.

I did as Rafi suggested and it kinda worked. The thing that stopped it from working is this bit of code, you may have something similar:

<nav class="top-bar contain-to-grid" data-topbar role="navigation">
  <ul class="title-area">
    <li class="name show-for-small-only">
      <h1><a href="#">Site Title</a></h1>
    </li>
    [...]

Swap that 'show-for-small-only' out to 'show-for-medium-down' and it should work as expected. Without that tweak it just showed me the first list item which isn't what I want!

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content