Menu icon Foundation

Designer | Sterling, VA

My Posts

My Comments

james murphy commented on Antonino Bertulla's post almost 4 years

I think it is just a problem in dev tools. I can recreate using device inspector. When viewing Rafi's example from a mobile device, the problem is not present. Nor is it present when viewing Rafi's example through Edge Inspect on my phone.

Have you tried viewing from an actual device?

james murphy commented on Roy Hinkley's post about 4 years

If you want to center images in divs, use the text-alignment classes. For your example, on line 8, I updated to:

<div class="small-12 small-text-center medium-text-right columns">

View the result in CodePen at: http://codepen.io/djlotus/pen/pjwKPo

james murphy commented on Alexandre Neves's post about 4 years

Weird.
When I view it on the new link you posted i can get the menu to close when tapping on the top item where as when viewing from the original link i can not.

What version of topbar.js are you using? have you tried other versions?

**EDIT
This only happens when inspecting mobile first and has to do with touch events so this is probably the expected behavior and not an issue. I may have jumped the gun.

Some preliminary checking shows that your site is combining the default "hover" topbar menu item with the "clickable" topbar menu item.

On your site, your navigation list item has the classes "has-dropdown not-click", as does the default topbar list item in the docs.

However, if you click on your topbar item, the class "hover" is also added making your list item have the classes "has-dropdown no-click hover."

The class "hover" is only added to the list item for the clickable topbar in the docs.

Your menu item after click:

<li class="has-dropdown not-click hover">

Docs default menu item after click:

<li class="has-dropdown not-click">

Docs clickable menu item after click:

<li class="has-dropdown hover">

I can not reproduce this using your source code and your resources on my local machine. Weird. What can this tell us? A problem with your server? Maybe conflicting resources even though the console shows no errors? I'll keep digging. I hope you find the problem.

james murphy commented on Carolyn Lee's post about 4 years

Add the "active" class to the list item on line 75.

james murphy commented on Mark Landeryou's post about 4 years

There is no code posted. Can you post the code and explain in some detail what isn't working as you expect?

james murphy commented on P M's post about 4 years

You can try the suggested media queries found in this answer: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25759046/iphone-6-and-6-plus-media-queries
Without diving into your code I honestly can't say if it would impact anything else on your site.

james murphy commented on Tell Stevens's post over 4 years

I will try again when i get on a different network.

james murphy commented on Tell Stevens's post over 4 years

Connection is timing out for me.

Posts Followed

Replies
  • Responsive Mobile Font Size Issue

By Antonino Bertulla

Hi all, I'm a newbie with foundation. I'm spending hour and hour to understand, why increasing and decreasing the text inside paragraph changes the font size of the closest row. Can someone give me some help and a way to solve it? Thanks & best r... (continued)

Last Reply by james murphy almost 4 years ago

Replies
  • remove 'open-right' from dropdown

By P M

Dropdown alignment

I am using the dropdown that works fine on desktop, and smaller phones (iphone 5), but on iphone 6 landscape view, it's adding 'open-right' class which pushes the dropdown content to the right, and off-screen. How do I remove this functionality from autom... (continued)

Last Reply by james murphy about 4 years ago

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Antonino Bertulla's post almost 4 years

I think it is just a problem in dev tools. I can recreate using device inspector. When viewing Rafi's example from a mobile device, the problem is not present. Nor is it present when viewing Rafi's example through Edge Inspect on my phone.

Have you tried viewing from an actual device?

You commented on Roy Hinkley's post about 4 years

If you want to center images in divs, use the text-alignment classes. For your example, on line 8, I updated to:

<div class="small-12 small-text-center medium-text-right columns">

View the result in CodePen at: http://codepen.io/djlotus/pen/pjwKPo

You commented on Alexandre Neves's post about 4 years

Weird.
When I view it on the new link you posted i can get the menu to close when tapping on the top item where as when viewing from the original link i can not.

What version of topbar.js are you using? have you tried other versions?

**EDIT
This only happens when inspecting mobile first and has to do with touch events so this is probably the expected behavior and not an issue. I may have jumped the gun.

Some preliminary checking shows that your site is combining the default "hover" topbar menu item with the "clickable" topbar menu item.

On your site, your navigation list item has the classes "has-dropdown not-click", as does the default topbar list item in the docs.

However, if you click on your topbar item, the class "hover" is also added making your list item have the classes "has-dropdown no-click hover."

The class "hover" is only added to the list item for the clickable topbar in the docs.

Your menu item after click:

<li class="has-dropdown not-click hover">

Docs default menu item after click:

<li class="has-dropdown not-click">

Docs clickable menu item after click:

<li class="has-dropdown hover">

I can not reproduce this using your source code and your resources on my local machine. Weird. What can this tell us? A problem with your server? Maybe conflicting resources even though the console shows no errors? I'll keep digging. I hope you find the problem.

You commented on Carolyn Lee's post about 4 years

Add the "active" class to the list item on line 75.

You commented on Mark Landeryou's post about 4 years

There is no code posted. Can you post the code and explain in some detail what isn't working as you expect?

You commented on P M's post about 4 years

You can try the suggested media queries found in this answer: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25759046/iphone-6-and-6-plus-media-queries
Without diving into your code I honestly can't say if it would impact anything else on your site.

You commented on Tell Stevens's post over 4 years

I will try again when i get on a different network.

You commented on Tell Stevens's post over 4 years

Connection is timing out for me.

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content