Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

My Comments

Martin commented on David Kavanagh's post over 5 years

I've been reading the comments on Foundation5 tabs and I would consider deprecating deep linking on tabs a major step backwards. Being able to open a page with tabs and to pre-select the correct tab for the 'context' in which the page was opened seems a sensible and helpful 'useability' feature.

It's not just Tabs which have changed in concept between previous release and this e.g. Sections/Accordion

Loosing such features between Foundation releases undermines confidence in Zurb Foundation as a famework. What will be deprecated next time - and what will be the impact on those who have built sites around those functions? Would you not agree?

I can understand your rationale for wanting to address issues around the volume of custom code in sections, but cannot the replacement Tab implementation find a method of preserving the concept/functionality of deep linking (even if we have to modify how it is invoked)?

Hope you can help with enabling the previous functionality of Tabs?

PS - Like the new forum! :-)

Posts Followed

Replies
  • foundation 5 tab issues

By David Kavanagh

tabsdeep linkingjs

I'm going to take a chance and mention all my issues in one post. First, my tabs do switch just fine. I got things styled nicely, but... - the URL fragment doesn't reliably change when I select tabs. I thought I would see the #tab1 or #tab2 set in the UR... (continued)

Last Reply by Andy Grand over 5 years ago

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on David Kavanagh's post over 5 years

I've been reading the comments on Foundation5 tabs and I would consider deprecating deep linking on tabs a major step backwards. Being able to open a page with tabs and to pre-select the correct tab for the 'context' in which the page was opened seems a sensible and helpful 'useability' feature.

It's not just Tabs which have changed in concept between previous release and this e.g. Sections/Accordion

Loosing such features between Foundation releases undermines confidence in Zurb Foundation as a famework. What will be deprecated next time - and what will be the impact on those who have built sites around those functions? Would you not agree?

I can understand your rationale for wanting to address issues around the volume of custom code in sections, but cannot the replacement Tab implementation find a method of preserving the concept/functionality of deep linking (even if we have to modify how it is invoked)?

Hope you can help with enabling the previous functionality of Tabs?

PS - Like the new forum! :-)

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content