Menu icon Foundation

Designer | Virginia

My Posts

• 508 issue with duplicate navigation

By Debbie Nelson

508off-canvas

The off-canvas menu on one of my client's sites just got flagged as a 508 violation. Part of the compliance testing requires turning off the CSS, and when done so the content should not overlap (or be duplicated). But because there really are 2 versions ... (continued)

Last Reply by Chris M almost 5 years ago

My Comments

Debbie Nelson commented on Debbie Nelson's post almost 4 years

Thanks, Rafi-

This is exactly the functionality I'm looking for and I just recreated your example using the building blocks code. There's one strange thing that's happening, however, and I'm hoping you might be able to offer some insight.

On my recreated page:
In browser windows smaller than 769px width, the page loads with the sidebar being displayed. Only when i resize the window by a pixel (in either direction) will the sidebar disappear. And it does this at any window size less than 769.

At the same window size, I noticed your example will hide the off-canvas menu, but only after first displaying the sidebar for a split second.

Any idea what may be missing or off on my end?

Debbie Nelson commented on José Antonio's post almost 4 years

Thanks for this, Rafi! I was struggling with trying to add a tooltip to a link and this solved my problem.

Debbie Nelson commented on Debbie Nelson's post almost 4 years

Perfect, Chris – that did the trick – thank you!

Do you happen to know how to force the off-canvas menu to stay open, until the user decides they want to close or collapse it?

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Debbie Nelson's post almost 4 years

Thanks, Rafi-

This is exactly the functionality I'm looking for and I just recreated your example using the building blocks code. There's one strange thing that's happening, however, and I'm hoping you might be able to offer some insight.

On my recreated page:
In browser windows smaller than 769px width, the page loads with the sidebar being displayed. Only when i resize the window by a pixel (in either direction) will the sidebar disappear. And it does this at any window size less than 769.

At the same window size, I noticed your example will hide the off-canvas menu, but only after first displaying the sidebar for a split second.

Any idea what may be missing or off on my end?

You commented on José Antonio's post almost 4 years

Thanks for this, Rafi! I was struggling with trying to add a tooltip to a link and this solved my problem.

You commented on Debbie Nelson's post almost 4 years

Perfect, Chris – that did the trick – thank you!

Do you happen to know how to force the off-canvas menu to stay open, until the user decides they want to close or collapse it?

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content