Menu icon Foundation
Orbit Does Not Auto-play in Win Chrome

We are developing a new site using Foundation 5 (Foundation rocks!). However we've noticed that Orbit does not auto-play in Windows Chrome. It appears to work fine in Firefox and on both Chrome and Safari for Mac.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Any known fixes? Thank you.

Orbitauto-playwindowschromeslides

We are developing a new site using Foundation 5 (Foundation rocks!). However we've noticed that Orbit does not auto-play in Windows Chrome. It appears to work fine in Firefox and on both Chrome and Safari for Mac.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Any known fixes? Thank you.

Rafi Benkual over 3 years ago

Can we see your code?

You can adjust the data-options like so:

<ul id="featured1" data-orbit data-options="pause_on_hover:false; timer_speed:5000;">

Here are the available options:
http://prntscr.com/2appuo

Noah Kim over 3 years ago

I thought I was having the same problem, but I realized that the "timer:true/false" parameter was the culprit. Although Foundation 5 documentation states that this is to toggle only the visibility of the progress bar/timer , setting it to "false" actually completely stops autoplay. It HAS to be set to true unfortunately, in order for autoplay to work. Downside is, you always have a visible timer bar.

Noah Kim over 3 years ago

btw, if you want to keep autoplay but remove the timer... just keep timer set to true, and in your css, overwrite the foundation class .orbit-timer to read ".orbit-timer {display:none;}. This worked for me while keeping autoplay.

Ryan Hellerud almost 3 years ago

If you would like to make the timer bar hidden just over-ride the style element in your css with the following code:

.orbit-progress{visibility:hidden;}

Phong Luu almost 3 years ago

I realized that the "timer:true/false" parameter was the culprit.Foundation 5 documentation states that this is to toggle only the visibility of the progress bar/timer , setting it to "false" actually completely stops auto-play.