Menu icon Foundation
ZURB Template Questions

I have several questions about the practical use of the ZURB template. I hope someone at ZURB can answer these for me.

1. Is the ZURB template (along with the Foundation CLI) primarily used for prototyping, and once things are looking right, they are sliced up and put into another framework such as ExpressJS, JSP, or some other templating engine or front-end framework?
  2. I realize that once a site looks right with css and js, the Foundation CLI will compile it into a minified distribution with each page having all of the pieces in it. When the server serves up one of these pages, it is essentially complete, and nothing can be injected into it (such as a user's name or pre-filling a user's email as provided by the server). Am I wrong about that?

For my first <small> project with Foundation, I am building my signup/signin/landing page. This has uncovered a number of these questions when trying to construct the basic flow of the site:

1. User gets to static landing page (index.html). This is very straight forward; User clicks "register" button.
  2. User is shown registration page (signup.html). This contains JS/ajax for form validation, username lookup, etc. After filling out form, user clicks submit button. The form fields are gathered and sent via AJAX to the server.
  3. The next page to display would be the "We've sent an email to: {user's email address}...". 
  4. User receives an email with a link that hits the server with a code, then a "Your email is validated" page with some additional information about the user.

Step 3 is where things get confusing to me. If I weren't using the Foundation CLI and the ZURB template, I would be coding server-side pages with a templating engine that would fill-in the user's email into the page before sending it to the browser OR, I would be writing an SPA that would use a templating engine to format some HTML with the user's email, then inject the HTML into a DIV (leaving the rest of the page alone).

Step 4 is similar, whereby it may have a customized "Welcome" page that lists some server-generated details for the user. How do I get them into a ZURB Template page that's been compiled?

Can someone please explain to me the way an interactive app is created using ZURB Template? Or am I expecting too much and I really need to use the template/CLI for prototyping, then rip the finalized stuff apart and put into a templating engine?

Thank you in advance.

template spa application usage

I have several questions about the practical use of the ZURB template. I hope someone at ZURB can answer these for me.

1. Is the ZURB template (along with the Foundation CLI) primarily used for prototyping, and once things are looking right, they are sliced up and put into another framework such as ExpressJS, JSP, or some other templating engine or front-end framework?
  2. I realize that once a site looks right with css and js, the Foundation CLI will compile it into a minified distribution with each page having all of the pieces in it. When the server serves up one of these pages, it is essentially complete, and nothing can be injected into it (such as a user's name or pre-filling a user's email as provided by the server). Am I wrong about that?

For my first <small> project with Foundation, I am building my signup/signin/landing page. This has uncovered a number of these questions when trying to construct the basic flow of the site:

1. User gets to static landing page (index.html). This is very straight forward; User clicks "register" button.
  2. User is shown registration page (signup.html). This contains JS/ajax for form validation, username lookup, etc. After filling out form, user clicks submit button. The form fields are gathered and sent via AJAX to the server.
  3. The next page to display would be the "We've sent an email to: {user's email address}...". 
  4. User receives an email with a link that hits the server with a code, then a "Your email is validated" page with some additional information about the user.

Step 3 is where things get confusing to me. If I weren't using the Foundation CLI and the ZURB template, I would be coding server-side pages with a templating engine that would fill-in the user's email into the page before sending it to the browser OR, I would be writing an SPA that would use a templating engine to format some HTML with the user's email, then inject the HTML into a DIV (leaving the rest of the page alone).

Step 4 is similar, whereby it may have a customized "Welcome" page that lists some server-generated details for the user. How do I get them into a ZURB Template page that's been compiled?

Can someone please explain to me the way an interactive app is created using ZURB Template? Or am I expecting too much and I really need to use the template/CLI for prototyping, then rip the finalized stuff apart and put into a templating engine?

Thank you in advance.