Menu icon Foundation
BrowserSync doesn't always catch changes

I'm using the Sass version of Email installed via Foundation CLI. I'm running foundation watch and BrowserSync doesn't always pick up my changes. Even after cancelling the process and running foundation watch again.

For example, I changed one word ('on' to 'at') in a paragraph within the partial footer.html and saved it. The browser continues to see the old word (before the change) even after stopping the watch process, closing the browser tab, and running foundation watch again.

I was able to get the change to take hold by changing more text elsewhere in the footer and saving. It then 'noticed' the change and displayed the new word in addition to the new text (as expected).

I had previously seen this sort of behavior in some SCSS partials where I had to make a change in _settings.scss to get the change in, for example, _footer.scss to take hold.

It's as if some changes go unnoticed, while others—if accompanied by lots of hand waving—catch its attention.

I should also note that foundation watch does notice the change in that it outputs the following on save:

[BS] Reloading Browsers...
[16:13:56] Starting 'resetPages'...
[16:13:56] Finished 'resetPages' after 2.68 ms
[16:13:56] Starting 'pages'...
[16:13:56] Finished 'pages' after 552 ms
[16:13:56] Starting 'inline'...
[16:13:57] Finished 'inline' after 299 ms
[16:13:57] Starting '<anonymous>'...

as one would expect.

bugemail

I'm using the Sass version of Email installed via Foundation CLI. I'm running foundation watch and BrowserSync doesn't always pick up my changes. Even after cancelling the process and running foundation watch again.

For example, I changed one word ('on' to 'at') in a paragraph within the partial footer.html and saved it. The browser continues to see the old word (before the change) even after stopping the watch process, closing the browser tab, and running foundation watch again.

I was able to get the change to take hold by changing more text elsewhere in the footer and saving. It then 'noticed' the change and displayed the new word in addition to the new text (as expected).

I had previously seen this sort of behavior in some SCSS partials where I had to make a change in _settings.scss to get the change in, for example, _footer.scss to take hold.

It's as if some changes go unnoticed, while others—if accompanied by lots of hand waving—catch its attention.

I should also note that foundation watch does notice the change in that it outputs the following on save:

[BS] Reloading Browsers...
[16:13:56] Starting 'resetPages'...
[16:13:56] Finished 'resetPages' after 2.68 ms
[16:13:56] Starting 'pages'...
[16:13:56] Finished 'pages' after 552 ms
[16:13:56] Starting 'inline'...
[16:13:57] Finished 'inline' after 299 ms
[16:13:57] Starting '<anonymous>'...

as one would expect.

Jarryd Fillmore 7 months ago

Would love to know this for the future!