Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

• Foundation Labels

By Derek Paul

formslabels

Does anyone from Zurb have a reason for not wrapping the labels in Foundation around the inputs that they represent? I don't know anyone that still keeps labels and inputs separate and I'm just wondering if there's a reason that Foundation takes this sta... (continued)

Last Reply by Rafi Benkual over 3 years ago

My Comments

Derek Paul commented on Derek Paul's post 3 months

That's exactly the problem, though. You should be able to just write
@import 'custom'
and have it work. Unfortunately, for some reason, that doesn't. I need to specify the path before it works.

Derek Paul commented on L. Fib.'s post 3 months

Why can't I see any of the content behind any of these /university/lessons links? I've filled in my email like 10 times and I still can't see any of these pages anymore.  :(

Derek Paul commented on James Cocker's post about 2 years

@Sherry Just as an FYI, IE11 doesn't support the conditional statements that make most of this possible regardless of what view you're in. The only way to test that this works is to view it in IE8 and IE9 inside a VM. Microsoft dropped conditionals in IE10 so testing in IE11's dev tools won't help you.

Derek Paul commented on Pierre MARTIN's post over 2 years

@Brian: That's not the best solution as you're breaking the semantics. If you add the "end" class instead of "left", you'll get the proper result along with the right semantics as that's what the .end class is for.

Derek Paul commented on Fernando Galeano's post over 2 years

@Marc McGee - This might work for a specific situation, but it's not intended to be used that way. Foundation requires alternating .row/.column pairs to work properly. If you do use the .row/.row option you suggest, just be aware that it could and probably will break most responsiveness and the grid.

Derek Paul commented on Derek Paul's post about 3 years

Karl:

Foundation's classes for forms only work that way if you collapse the row and put them immediately in line with each other. It doesn't do anything if they're in the same row but not collapsed.

It's just weird because it seems that buttons would be used in forms most often and yet I feel like there's no thought put into buttons within forms. It's a minor frustration, but it's causing a bit of extra work.

Derek Paul commented on James Cocker's post over 3 years

@meta vurt:

No, your assertion that IE8 is incompatible with Win7 is simply not true. In fact, Microsoft even offers a VM on their IE compatibility page that runs IE8 on Win7. So.... please stop circulating false info.

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Derek Paul's post 3 months

That's exactly the problem, though. You should be able to just write
@import 'custom'
and have it work. Unfortunately, for some reason, that doesn't. I need to specify the path before it works.

You commented on L. Fib.'s post 3 months

Why can't I see any of the content behind any of these /university/lessons links? I've filled in my email like 10 times and I still can't see any of these pages anymore.  :(

You commented on James Cocker's post about 2 years

@Sherry Just as an FYI, IE11 doesn't support the conditional statements that make most of this possible regardless of what view you're in. The only way to test that this works is to view it in IE8 and IE9 inside a VM. Microsoft dropped conditionals in IE10 so testing in IE11's dev tools won't help you.

You commented on Pierre MARTIN's post over 2 years

@Brian: That's not the best solution as you're breaking the semantics. If you add the "end" class instead of "left", you'll get the proper result along with the right semantics as that's what the .end class is for.

You commented on Fernando Galeano's post over 2 years

@Marc McGee - This might work for a specific situation, but it's not intended to be used that way. Foundation requires alternating .row/.column pairs to work properly. If you do use the .row/.row option you suggest, just be aware that it could and probably will break most responsiveness and the grid.

You commented on Derek Paul's post about 3 years

Karl:

Foundation's classes for forms only work that way if you collapse the row and put them immediately in line with each other. It doesn't do anything if they're in the same row but not collapsed.

It's just weird because it seems that buttons would be used in forms most often and yet I feel like there's no thought put into buttons within forms. It's a minor frustration, but it's causing a bit of extra work.

You commented on James Cocker's post over 3 years

@meta vurt:

No, your assertion that IE8 is incompatible with Win7 is simply not true. In fact, Microsoft even offers a VM on their IE compatibility page that runs IE8 on Win7. So.... please stop circulating false info.

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content