Menu icon Foundation

Designer | Austin, TX

web designer for CORT

My Posts

• Codepen sandbox with motion ui?

By Monk

Motion UIfoundation 6codepen

I've been trying to set up a new codepen with Foundation 6 Motion Ui, and I'm not sure if I'm having trouble getting it working or just don't understand yet how to implement the motion ui features in a page layout. So I have 2 questions: 1) Do y'all alre... (continued)

Last Reply by Monk about 1 year ago

Replies
  • Off-canvas nav issue on iOS8

By Monk

off-canvas naviOS 8

We just deployed our newly redesigned, fully-responsive ecommerce website: http://furniture.cort.com/storefront/ The off-canvas nav however is not working correctly on iOS devices (iphone and ipod touch) after the new iOS8 update. It worked fine on ... (continued)

Last Reply by jessica ndaye over 2 years ago

• Set max-width per individual page?

By Monk

page widthmixin

Is it possible to use a mixin to set the max-width larger for a single page? We're working on a page concept that would effectively have a max page width of 125rem, and I'm looking for a way to change the page width for only that page without having to cr... (continued)

Last Reply by Monk almost 3 years ago

My Comments

Monk commented on Monk's post 3 days

Yes it does! Thanks, good sleuthing!

Monk commented on Monk's post 7 days

It's fine, I'll use the new markup. I was just confused by the documentation.

Monk commented on Monk's post 7 days

...so... why do the docs list out 3 different types of html for using the grid, but only the x/y one works now?Or is there a different version of foundation that allows you to develop in all of the grid options? I grabbed the css link for this particular version of foundation from https://cdnjs.com/libraries/foundation
 - also, thank you, using the correct markup fixes the issue.

Monk commented on Monk's post 9 days

Another image to help specify what I'm looking to remove (there is a space here typically, but the up/down arrows appear on hover):
I want to remove the up/down arrows and also the space they take up.

Monk commented on Monk's post 9 days

Anybody? I have not figured out a solution yet. Is it possible to put the units as placeholder text within the data field?

Monk commented on Monk's post about 1 year

And a minute later... I found a simple example for a data toggle button, and have verified my setup is working. Still would be interested in whether y'all have a motion ui codepen sandbox set up though =]

Monk commented on Ole Fredrik Lie's post over 1 year

I'm new to axure, if I purchase your UI kit will I be able to customize your elements to match our web brand?

Monk commented on Monk's post almost 3 years

I think I figured out how to do this for my purposes. Basically I'm just setting the containing row max-width to whatever maximum size I want for the spcific utilization:

<div class="row" style="max-width:100rem;">

This also allows me to do custom max widths within the same page. Awesome.

Monk commented on Monk's post about 3 years

Actually the rentapuppy test page is working considerably better than the actual page I'm currently prototyping.

Brandon I emailed you a link to the actual page if you'd like to take a look. In particular I'm having issues with tooltip behavior on iOS mobile devices, the tooltips pop-up text showing up off-screeen on ipad, and somewhere above and out of sight on the iPhone.

Currently rethinking our existing tooltip strategy.

Monk commented on Monk's post about 3 years

Changed, updated the link, I'm still not getting the nice box on the left of the tool tip link like foundation shows on their docs page.

Link:
http://codepen.io/justmonk/full/LdhwB

Updated code:
<span data-tooltip class="has-tip tip-left" title="Limited to one puppy per customer. Unless we decide you really need 2."> [?] </span>

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Monk's post 3 days

Yes it does! Thanks, good sleuthing!

You commented on Monk's post 7 days

It's fine, I'll use the new markup. I was just confused by the documentation.

You commented on Monk's post 7 days

...so... why do the docs list out 3 different types of html for using the grid, but only the x/y one works now?Or is there a different version of foundation that allows you to develop in all of the grid options? I grabbed the css link for this particular version of foundation from https://cdnjs.com/libraries/foundation
 - also, thank you, using the correct markup fixes the issue.

You commented on Monk's post 9 days

Another image to help specify what I'm looking to remove (there is a space here typically, but the up/down arrows appear on hover):
I want to remove the up/down arrows and also the space they take up.

You commented on Monk's post 9 days

Anybody? I have not figured out a solution yet. Is it possible to put the units as placeholder text within the data field?

You commented on Monk's post about 1 year

And a minute later... I found a simple example for a data toggle button, and have verified my setup is working. Still would be interested in whether y'all have a motion ui codepen sandbox set up though =]

You commented on Ole Fredrik Lie's post over 1 year

I'm new to axure, if I purchase your UI kit will I be able to customize your elements to match our web brand?

You commented on Monk's post almost 3 years

I think I figured out how to do this for my purposes. Basically I'm just setting the containing row max-width to whatever maximum size I want for the spcific utilization:

<div class="row" style="max-width:100rem;">

This also allows me to do custom max widths within the same page. Awesome.

You commented on Monk's post about 3 years

Actually the rentapuppy test page is working considerably better than the actual page I'm currently prototyping.

Brandon I emailed you a link to the actual page if you'd like to take a look. In particular I'm having issues with tooltip behavior on iOS mobile devices, the tooltips pop-up text showing up off-screeen on ipad, and somewhere above and out of sight on the iPhone.

Currently rethinking our existing tooltip strategy.

You commented on Monk's post about 3 years

Changed, updated the link, I'm still not getting the nice box on the left of the tool tip link like foundation shows on their docs page.

Link:
http://codepen.io/justmonk/full/LdhwB

Updated code:
<span data-tooltip class="has-tip tip-left" title="Limited to one puppy per customer. Unless we decide you really need 2."> [?] </span>

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content