Menu icon Foundation

Designer

My Posts

Replies
  • Basic, centered DIV using XY?

By Designer

centeredcenterxy

I don't understand what I'm missing. I went through the XY doc but I can't for the life of me get a simple div to be centered--it's always offset on one side or another. I ditched the offset method because it wasn't working, but the auto cell do... (continued)

Last Reply by Designer 9 days ago

My Comments

Designer commented on Designer's post 9 days

I unfollowed this thread but am still getting email notifications...

Designer commented on Heinz Tödter's post 15 days

I didn't want the test field to be visible/clickable so I made it a hidden form field...seems to work just fine. Basically, using Heinz's example, you just create another div with all the same label/input/small.error stuff, include the captcha element, add the script, then abide does the rest.

Designer commented on Designer's post 16 days

Look at all that code just to make one centered div.

Hmm.

Designer commented on Fabio Vaz's post 16 days

...already we're modifying core declarations just to center something? I'm finding the same problem with centering a large div...seems not to know what the "center" is.

Designer commented on Mich's post 9 months

This is aggravating. I had really come to rely on Foundation's independent block-grid method, particularly for organizing run-on list items into neat 2- or 3-column layouts, here rendered unusable in version 6.
HOWEVER, there is a CSS3 method:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14745297/how-to-display-an-unordered-list-in-two-columns

Designer commented on Russel Porosky's post 10 months

Actually the peeps at Foundation have always been fairly responsive (no pun intended) but I've grown tired of encountering design elements that don't work then hunting through forums and posting requests for solutions.

Designer commented on Russel Porosky's post 10 months

I was just thinking the same thing. I do new client websites semi-regularly--usually a handful per Foundation release. I'm just a few days into my first F6 client site and already I'm finding myself grappling with stuff that used to work effortlessly before.
With web design/dev pricing now in a race to the bottom, I can't afford this time and aggravation. Us code monkeys have to save time wherever we can. Foundation used to do things simply and [mostly] properly, but it has become an ever-changing beast to deal with (the changes between versions and dependencies being, in my mind, one of the most crippling aspects).
We can admonish ourselves for complaining about something that's free, but this is the new reality; even free stuff becomes fair game if it becomes more work than it's worth.
I'm also hopeful that these issues are ironed out, but I can't bank on hope :(

Designer commented on Alejandro's post 10 months

BUMP

I'm having exactly the same problem: the dropdown pane is ALWAYS visible, no matter which top-bar html code I test.

Designer commented on Designer's post about 1 year

Good grief...not to self: when you're using comments, make sure you're using CSS comments, not JS. I had used // instead of /* */ above this code and, for whatever reason, it only affected the body background tag.
Solved.

Designer commented on Brandon Kent's post over 1 year

This example works better than anything else out there. Unfortunately, replacing either html or text means it also kills the little tooltip's border arrow thing. So all I get now is a black rectangle...but I'll take it.

Posts Followed

Replies
  • So Long and Farewell

By Russel Porosky

bug

I used to love Foundation. It made all the things (well, most of them) nice and easy with a relative minimum of class name overhead. My designers would have their way with things and I never worried about whether or not those things would be troublesome. ... (continued)

Last Reply by Designer 10 months ago

Replies
  • Block Grid Alignment Issues

By

block grid issues

Hello everyone that likes to help! You're all awesome : ) So currently I am developing this site here @ http://kapena.github.io/pp_web/ The issue I am having with the Block Grid is that it's not aligning to the center of the page by default, which I... (continued)

Last Reply by Geoff Kimball about 2 years ago

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Designer's post 9 days

I unfollowed this thread but am still getting email notifications...

You commented on Heinz Tödter's post 15 days

I didn't want the test field to be visible/clickable so I made it a hidden form field...seems to work just fine. Basically, using Heinz's example, you just create another div with all the same label/input/small.error stuff, include the captcha element, add the script, then abide does the rest.

You commented on Designer's post 16 days

Look at all that code just to make one centered div.

Hmm.

You commented on Fabio Vaz's post 16 days

...already we're modifying core declarations just to center something? I'm finding the same problem with centering a large div...seems not to know what the "center" is.

You commented on Mich's post 9 months

This is aggravating. I had really come to rely on Foundation's independent block-grid method, particularly for organizing run-on list items into neat 2- or 3-column layouts, here rendered unusable in version 6.
HOWEVER, there is a CSS3 method:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14745297/how-to-display-an-unordered-list-in-two-columns

You commented on Russel Porosky's post 10 months

Actually the peeps at Foundation have always been fairly responsive (no pun intended) but I've grown tired of encountering design elements that don't work then hunting through forums and posting requests for solutions.

You commented on Russel Porosky's post 10 months

I was just thinking the same thing. I do new client websites semi-regularly--usually a handful per Foundation release. I'm just a few days into my first F6 client site and already I'm finding myself grappling with stuff that used to work effortlessly before.
With web design/dev pricing now in a race to the bottom, I can't afford this time and aggravation. Us code monkeys have to save time wherever we can. Foundation used to do things simply and [mostly] properly, but it has become an ever-changing beast to deal with (the changes between versions and dependencies being, in my mind, one of the most crippling aspects).
We can admonish ourselves for complaining about something that's free, but this is the new reality; even free stuff becomes fair game if it becomes more work than it's worth.
I'm also hopeful that these issues are ironed out, but I can't bank on hope :(

You commented on Alejandro's post 10 months

BUMP

I'm having exactly the same problem: the dropdown pane is ALWAYS visible, no matter which top-bar html code I test.

You commented on Designer's post about 1 year

Good grief...not to self: when you're using comments, make sure you're using CSS comments, not JS. I had used // instead of /* */ above this code and, for whatever reason, it only affected the body background tag.
Solved.

You commented on Brandon Kent's post over 1 year

This example works better than anything else out there. Unfortunately, replacing either html or text means it also kills the little tooltip's border arrow thing. So all I get now is a black rectangle...but I'll take it.

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content