Menu icon Foundation

Developer | Oakland, CA

About to launch a small, Rails startup.

My Posts

My Comments

Ron Huppert commented on Ron Huppert's post 7 days

Thanks for the help.
I temporarily changed the $select-triangle-color to match the background as a quick hack, but I will further investigate and post a better solution to help those using F6 and simple_form.
I suspect behavior can be modified in the simple_form_foundation config file to solve this issue.

Ron Huppert commented on Ellery Temple's post about 2 years

I have a partial in app/views/layouts/_flash.html.haml:

flash.each do |name, msg|
  - if msg.is_a?(String)
    .row
      .small-12.columns
        %div{:class => "alert-box #{name.to_s == 'notice' ? 'success' : 'alert'}", "data-alert" => ""}
          = content_tag :div, msg
          %a.close{:href => "#"} ×

Ron Huppert commented on Joel Dezenzio's post about 3 years

Thanks. I'll check it out.

I'm using Rails 4 with Foundation 4, but hopefully that won't be a factor.

Ron Huppert commented on Ron Huppert's post over 3 years

I know a large screen layout can be used for a small screen. To answer your question, I don't want to throw the baby out with the bath water. Responsiveness is beneficial to the overall use. There is a benefit to users in seeing certain content in a wide aspect ratio. One might think all users would know they can turn the device, but I think a substantial number would scroll only.

Regardless, I appreciate your response and will look to make the site 100% responsive. At the very least, I know I can display a message for the user to turn his small device when it's in portrait for certain pages that might call for it.

Posts Followed

Replies
  • Alert box still not closing

By Ellery Temple

railsalert

I see this question has been asked before, but I can't seem to figure out a solution and was hoping someone could help as I'm new to Foundation. I am using Foundation v5.5.2.0. I have an alert box that doesn't go away when I click the 'X'. Using Chrome de... (continued)

Last Reply by Ron Huppert about 2 years ago

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Ron Huppert's post 7 days

Thanks for the help.
I temporarily changed the $select-triangle-color to match the background as a quick hack, but I will further investigate and post a better solution to help those using F6 and simple_form.
I suspect behavior can be modified in the simple_form_foundation config file to solve this issue.

You commented on Ellery Temple's post about 2 years

I have a partial in app/views/layouts/_flash.html.haml:

flash.each do |name, msg|
  - if msg.is_a?(String)
    .row
      .small-12.columns
        %div{:class => "alert-box #{name.to_s == 'notice' ? 'success' : 'alert'}", "data-alert" => ""}
          = content_tag :div, msg
          %a.close{:href => "#"} ×

You commented on Joel Dezenzio's post about 3 years

Thanks. I'll check it out.

I'm using Rails 4 with Foundation 4, but hopefully that won't be a factor.

You commented on Ron Huppert's post over 3 years

I know a large screen layout can be used for a small screen. To answer your question, I don't want to throw the baby out with the bath water. Responsiveness is beneficial to the overall use. There is a benefit to users in seeing certain content in a wide aspect ratio. One might think all users would know they can turn the device, but I think a substantial number would scroll only.

Regardless, I appreciate your response and will look to make the site 100% responsive. At the very least, I know I can display a message for the user to turn his small device when it's in portrait for certain pages that might call for it.

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content