Menu icon Foundation

Designer | McAllen, Texas

I am currently studying web development at my local community college. I also work full time as a internet marketer and webmaster.

My Posts

Replies
  • Responsive

By Elisandro Martinez

Responsive

I am trying to make my website responsive but so far no success.  Can some one please give me suggestions on how to make the site fit perfectly on a cell phone screen?   http://sugarcubergv.com/   Thank you, Lee

Last Reply by Ryan Smith 21 days ago

Replies
  • Overlapping logo

By Elisandro Martinez

navigation

Can someone please help me figure this out?  I am trying to make the top logo overlap the banner image slightly.  I just want the logo to overlap the banner halfway so that it looks like it is draped over the banner image.  I set the image ... (continued)

Last Reply by Elisandro Martinez 23 days ago

Replies
  • Responsive header

By Elisandro Martinez

navigation

By resizing the home page one can easily notice the the scrolling banner images and the top navigation header have issues.  I can seem to locate in the CSS where I should make adjustment.  Can some one help me please? http://melhartindustries.c... (continued)

Last Reply by John Show about 1 month ago

• NEW
  • Media Queries

By Elisandro Martinez

navigationmedia queries

I am trying to make the navigation at the top switch to mobile once "About" touches the logo.  I am adjusting the media queries in this section of the CSS but so far no success.  Can you please help me? This is my site. http://melhartindustrie... (continued)

Replies
  • Media Query

By Elisandro Martinez

text

Can some one please help me make the text on my website's slider responsive?  The HTML and CSS code are below.  Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you, Lee   http://melhartindustries.com/index2.php      <!-- St... (continued)

Last Reply by Elisandro Martinez 3 months ago

My Comments

Elisandro Martinez commented on Elisandro Martinez's post 16 days

Ryan,

Thank you for the advice and information.  It is proving to be very helpful!
Best,
Elisandro

Elisandro Martinez commented on Elisandro Martinez's post 19 days

Hi Ryan,
The click to call is starting to work nicely.  In your opinion would a phone icon or "Click to call" text work best from a UI/ UX stand point?
Best,
Elisandro

Elisandro Martinez commented on Elisandro Martinez's post 19 days

Hi Ryan,
Thank you for the suggestions.  I would like to use an image file for the icon.  How would I declare the image?  I have yet to see media queries hide and show links.  Would I declare the media query in the CSS file?
Thanks!
Elisandro

Elisandro Martinez commented on Elisandro Martinez's post 23 days

Thank you Kevin,
Can you please send an example of the code that you are referring too?
Thanks,
Elisandro

Elisandro Martinez commented on Elisandro Martinez's post about 1 month

I will try that this evening.  
Thank you,
Lee

Elisandro Martinez commented on Elisandro Martinez's post about 1 month

Hi Val,
I use top bar because it is used in the building block that I am using for the top navigation.  I just want to know how to do the following:
Place the logo at the top left with the logo overlapping the navigation section and extending over the slider that I will add later.
Make the navigation links switch to responsive once "Storage Solutions" touches the logo.  I like the way your logo stacks beneath the links when the browser width is decreased.
I don't understand why Foundation makes it so difficult to accomplish this simple design.

Thank you,
Elisandro

Elisandro Martinez commented on Elisandro Martinez's post about 2 months

Ryan,
Thank you for the great advice it is very helpful.  What is is frustrating is that Foundation does not provide much in the way of placing a logo in the header section.  Can you provide some advice on that please?
Thank you,
Elisandro

Elisandro Martinez commented on Elisandro Martinez's post 2 months

Corey and Robbert,
Thank you for the advice.  An example of the look and functionality I am aiming for is this webpage.
http://www.reatarealestate.com/about/
The navigation section contains seven links like my navigation does and is is completely responsive.
Thank you,
Lee

Corey,
I am starting to get into UI and front end development, what do you mean by a card shuffle?  Can you send me an example of a site that uses a card shuffle?
Thank you for the suggestions.  From a UI perspective, do you have a suggestion on how should the top navigation be designed that would lead to the most simple efficient coding?
thank you for your input.
Lee

Hi Corey,

Thank you for the advice.  Do you have any advice regarding switching the navigation at top to mobile stack as soon as "About" touches the logo?
Thank you so much!
Lee

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Elisandro Martinez's post 16 days

Ryan,

Thank you for the advice and information.  It is proving to be very helpful!
Best,
Elisandro

You commented on Elisandro Martinez's post 19 days

Hi Ryan,
The click to call is starting to work nicely.  In your opinion would a phone icon or "Click to call" text work best from a UI/ UX stand point?
Best,
Elisandro

You commented on Elisandro Martinez's post 19 days

Hi Ryan,
Thank you for the suggestions.  I would like to use an image file for the icon.  How would I declare the image?  I have yet to see media queries hide and show links.  Would I declare the media query in the CSS file?
Thanks!
Elisandro

You commented on Elisandro Martinez's post 23 days

Thank you Kevin,
Can you please send an example of the code that you are referring too?
Thanks,
Elisandro

You commented on Elisandro Martinez's post about 1 month

I will try that this evening.  
Thank you,
Lee

You commented on Elisandro Martinez's post about 1 month

Hi Val,
I use top bar because it is used in the building block that I am using for the top navigation.  I just want to know how to do the following:
Place the logo at the top left with the logo overlapping the navigation section and extending over the slider that I will add later.
Make the navigation links switch to responsive once "Storage Solutions" touches the logo.  I like the way your logo stacks beneath the links when the browser width is decreased.
I don't understand why Foundation makes it so difficult to accomplish this simple design.

Thank you,
Elisandro

You commented on Elisandro Martinez's post about 2 months

Ryan,
Thank you for the great advice it is very helpful.  What is is frustrating is that Foundation does not provide much in the way of placing a logo in the header section.  Can you provide some advice on that please?
Thank you,
Elisandro

You commented on Elisandro Martinez's post 2 months

Corey and Robbert,
Thank you for the advice.  An example of the look and functionality I am aiming for is this webpage.
http://www.reatarealestate.com/about/
The navigation section contains seven links like my navigation does and is is completely responsive.
Thank you,
Lee

Corey,
I am starting to get into UI and front end development, what do you mean by a card shuffle?  Can you send me an example of a site that uses a card shuffle?
Thank you for the suggestions.  From a UI perspective, do you have a suggestion on how should the top navigation be designed that would lead to the most simple efficient coding?
thank you for your input.
Lee

Hi Corey,

Thank you for the advice.  Do you have any advice regarding switching the navigation at top to mobile stack as soon as "About" touches the logo?
Thank you so much!
Lee

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content