Menu icon Foundation

Designer | McAllen, Texas

I am currently studying web development at my local community college. I also work full time as a internet marketer and webmaster.

My Posts

• Responsive Text

By Elisandro Martinez

text

How do I make the text responsive for mobile devices?  When I view my home page on my phone the text in front of the scrolling banner does not decrease in size and extends far below the images of the scrolling banner. http://melhartindustries.com/in... (continued)

Last Reply by Rafi Benkual 3 days ago

Replies
  • PHP Include

By Elisandro Martinez

PHP

I need to put the top navigation including logo and entire footer into PHP files so that they can be edited once without having to edit every page of the website.  I am having difficulty accomplishing this.  Can some one please help me? http://... (continued)

Last Reply by Harman S Manchanda 2 months ago

• NEW
  • How to make tabs

By Elisandro Martinez

tabs

I would like to revamp this website using the Foundation framework and I want to keep the general layout.  Can some one help me figure out how to make the tabs with rounded corners? This is the site. http://sdl-consulting.com Any help is greatly a... (continued)

My Comments

Elisandro Martinez commented on Elisandro Martinez's post 5 days

When I add "hidden" the scroll bars disappear.  When the page is viewed on a cell phone I don't want a horizontal scroll bar to appear, I would like for the page to fit perfectly on a 5 inch screen.  How can I accomplish this?
Thanks,
Lee 

Elisandro Martinez commented on Elisandro Martinez's post 9 days

Hi Rafi,
The navigation and header I am using is from the building blocks, but I moved the logo to the far right.
http://melhartindustries.com/index2.php
I would like to make the header section fixed but it seems that the header is made up of various parts and it is a bit confusing for me.  Also when I view the page on my cell phone the page can be moved from left to right, is there a way to make the page fit tightly on a 5" screen?  Also the text in front of the slider does not resize, is there a lesson on how to make text responsive?  Also in the footer "Melhart Industries" and "lmelhart@melhart.com" extend off the page when viewed on mobile.  Where might I find solutions to these issues?
Thank you so much for your help.

Elisandro Martinez commented on Elisandro Martinez's post about 1 month

Albert,

Thank you, I will try that.

Lee

Hi Albert,
I have access to the entire site and I have all of the files on my computer.  Can I take out the HTML portions from the files with out viewing the code in a browser?
Thank you for all of your suggestions.
Lee

Hi Roy,

I would like to re-create the same look of the original site, but I want it to be responsive.  How would you start on this?

Thanks,
Lee

Hi Roy,
Thank you for the suggestions.  Could I use the same HTML layout and modify the foundation.css file accordingly?  I really like the tab navigation of the site and I would like to keep that.
Thanks,
Lee 

Elisandro Martinez commented on Elisandro Martinez's post about 2 months

Thank you Rafi, I will try that and let you know.  And thank you for including the screen shot!  Many people do not include screen shots, you were considerate enough to do so.  The CSS is about 4,000 lines of code so the screen shot helps.

Best regards,
Elisandro

Elisandro Martinez commented on Elisandro Martinez's post 2 months

Hi Tom,
Thank you so much, I am going to look into it this afternoon.  By the way, what is "VW" and "fittext.js"?  

Regarding another issue, I would like to re-create this website in Foundation so that it will be responsive.  I want to keep the layout and colors.  Can you suggest the proper approach I should take?
sdl-consulting.com

Thank you,
Lee

Hi Rafi,
Would it be possible to remake this website using Foundation?  After it is made I would like to transfer use the layout for a Wordpress blog and link the blog to the site.  The reason I want to remake the website is so that the website will be responsive.
http://sdl-consulting.com

Thank you so much,
Elisandro

Your response as nothing to do with my question.

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Elisandro Martinez's post 5 days

When I add "hidden" the scroll bars disappear.  When the page is viewed on a cell phone I don't want a horizontal scroll bar to appear, I would like for the page to fit perfectly on a 5 inch screen.  How can I accomplish this?
Thanks,
Lee 

You commented on Elisandro Martinez's post 9 days

Hi Rafi,
The navigation and header I am using is from the building blocks, but I moved the logo to the far right.
http://melhartindustries.com/index2.php
I would like to make the header section fixed but it seems that the header is made up of various parts and it is a bit confusing for me.  Also when I view the page on my cell phone the page can be moved from left to right, is there a way to make the page fit tightly on a 5" screen?  Also the text in front of the slider does not resize, is there a lesson on how to make text responsive?  Also in the footer "Melhart Industries" and "lmelhart@melhart.com" extend off the page when viewed on mobile.  Where might I find solutions to these issues?
Thank you so much for your help.

You commented on Elisandro Martinez's post about 1 month

Albert,

Thank you, I will try that.

Lee

Hi Albert,
I have access to the entire site and I have all of the files on my computer.  Can I take out the HTML portions from the files with out viewing the code in a browser?
Thank you for all of your suggestions.
Lee

Hi Roy,

I would like to re-create the same look of the original site, but I want it to be responsive.  How would you start on this?

Thanks,
Lee

Hi Roy,
Thank you for the suggestions.  Could I use the same HTML layout and modify the foundation.css file accordingly?  I really like the tab navigation of the site and I would like to keep that.
Thanks,
Lee 

You commented on Elisandro Martinez's post about 2 months

Thank you Rafi, I will try that and let you know.  And thank you for including the screen shot!  Many people do not include screen shots, you were considerate enough to do so.  The CSS is about 4,000 lines of code so the screen shot helps.

Best regards,
Elisandro

You commented on Elisandro Martinez's post 2 months

Hi Tom,
Thank you so much, I am going to look into it this afternoon.  By the way, what is "VW" and "fittext.js"?  

Regarding another issue, I would like to re-create this website in Foundation so that it will be responsive.  I want to keep the layout and colors.  Can you suggest the proper approach I should take?
sdl-consulting.com

Thank you,
Lee

Hi Rafi,
Would it be possible to remake this website using Foundation?  After it is made I would like to transfer use the layout for a Wordpress blog and link the blog to the site.  The reason I want to remake the website is so that the website will be responsive.
http://sdl-consulting.com

Thank you so much,
Elisandro

Your response as nothing to do with my question.

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content