Menu icon Foundation

Designer | Colorado Springs, CO

Designer/Developer trying to learn Foundation 6 and overall Foundation

My Posts

Replies
  • Bug in Top-bar?

By Scott Koons

topbar

I have recently been pounding my head against the wall with trying to add a simple image logo to the top-bar code -  <div class="top-bar-title"> <span data-responsive-toggle="topbar-responsive" data-hide-for="medium"> <but... (continued)

Last Reply by Wendt Lloydd about 1 month ago

Replies
  • Changing hidden properties

By Scott Koons

Hi, I'm trying to change some of the auto classes that get added on to tags when they have certain classes applied. Specifically, I want to change some of the properties in the menu drop down function. I have inspected the html with Chrome and I ge... (continued)

Last Reply by Scott Koons over 1 year ago

My Comments

Scott Koons commented on Zurb Rules's post about 15 hours

I just recently attended the basic course last week and advanced class this week.  If you are fairly competent in Foundation and the web, then the first one may be a bit basic.  However, I did learn some interesting tricks that I had not used before.  Also, it was great interacting with the whole Zurb team!
This past Tues (18th) I attended the advanced class and this was amazing!  I definitely learned a TON.  If you are using the Zurb template and SASS then I highly recommend that you attend.  I'm not a JS pro, so I struggled to keep up with K-Ball's presentation, but I still learned a lot of new js tricks with 6.41.
I was on the fence for a long time on whether to attend one of these classes.  $300 is a lot, but I can easily see making this up in future projects.  Plus you get to know the Foundation staff a bit, so you can ask questions directly (although I'm sure Rafi just wants me to post to the forum instead:).
Final thoughts... do it.
-Scott

Scott Koons commented on Dale Dietrich's post 3 months

I recently used partials to accomplish this task.  I created a partial called nav_links.html.  
<li><a href="#">beer</a></li>
<li><a href="#">food</a></li>
<li><a href="#">locations</a></li>
<li><a href="#">store</a></li>
<li><a href="#">banquets</a></li>
<li><a href="#">reservations</a></li>
then, I added the partial into various nav elements.  This way I only have to update, add, delete, and etc through one file.  Works great for needing variations based upon breakpoints.

Scott Koons commented on George Bratsos's post over 1 year

Very awesome!!!  Thanks for the work George!

Scott Koons commented on Scott Koons's post over 1 year

Brilliant Robert!  I was so much in the mindset of using the top-bar I completely overlooked the tab concept.  Thanks for the help.  It's much appreciated!

-Scott

Hi Robbert. Thank you so much for taking the time to review and respond to my post. Here is a link to an older website created in F5: http://cmb-nov15.yetignome.com/beer/regular-house-beers

Take a look at the nav bar and this is the desired effect.

Thank you for your help.

-Scott

@James Stone I love your site! I'm having a hard time changing out the hover pseudo classes for the hover event. Can you point me to where you made the changes for your top-bar menu?

Thanks James.

-Scott

Awesome sites! Keep 'em coming.

Will do. I'll also post the code when it is complete.

Thanks guys. I was able to get into the JS and make the needed changes. Still working on some layout issues, but @Robbert Stapel had the right answer!

-Scott

Perfect! Thanks Robbert. I really appreciate the help and direction. I'm fairly new to SCSS and Foundation 6, but this definitely helps!

-Scott

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Zurb Rules's post about 15 hours

I just recently attended the basic course last week and advanced class this week.  If you are fairly competent in Foundation and the web, then the first one may be a bit basic.  However, I did learn some interesting tricks that I had not used before.  Also, it was great interacting with the whole Zurb team!
This past Tues (18th) I attended the advanced class and this was amazing!  I definitely learned a TON.  If you are using the Zurb template and SASS then I highly recommend that you attend.  I'm not a JS pro, so I struggled to keep up with K-Ball's presentation, but I still learned a lot of new js tricks with 6.41.
I was on the fence for a long time on whether to attend one of these classes.  $300 is a lot, but I can easily see making this up in future projects.  Plus you get to know the Foundation staff a bit, so you can ask questions directly (although I'm sure Rafi just wants me to post to the forum instead:).
Final thoughts... do it.
-Scott

You commented on Dale Dietrich's post 3 months

I recently used partials to accomplish this task.  I created a partial called nav_links.html.  
<li><a href="#">beer</a></li>
<li><a href="#">food</a></li>
<li><a href="#">locations</a></li>
<li><a href="#">store</a></li>
<li><a href="#">banquets</a></li>
<li><a href="#">reservations</a></li>
then, I added the partial into various nav elements.  This way I only have to update, add, delete, and etc through one file.  Works great for needing variations based upon breakpoints.

You commented on George Bratsos's post over 1 year

Very awesome!!!  Thanks for the work George!

You commented on Scott Koons's post over 1 year

Brilliant Robert!  I was so much in the mindset of using the top-bar I completely overlooked the tab concept.  Thanks for the help.  It's much appreciated!

-Scott

Hi Robbert. Thank you so much for taking the time to review and respond to my post. Here is a link to an older website created in F5: http://cmb-nov15.yetignome.com/beer/regular-house-beers

Take a look at the nav bar and this is the desired effect.

Thank you for your help.

-Scott

@James Stone I love your site! I'm having a hard time changing out the hover pseudo classes for the hover event. Can you point me to where you made the changes for your top-bar menu?

Thanks James.

-Scott

Awesome sites! Keep 'em coming.

Will do. I'll also post the code when it is complete.

Thanks guys. I was able to get into the JS and make the needed changes. Still working on some layout issues, but @Robbert Stapel had the right answer!

-Scott

Perfect! Thanks Robbert. I really appreciate the help and direction. I'm fairly new to SCSS and Foundation 6, but this definitely helps!

-Scott

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content