Menu icon Foundation

Developer | Norway

My Posts

• NEW
  • F4A and angular 1.5

By sten

angular 1.5

Currently F4A supports angular 1.4.x. But are there any specific changes in angular 1.5 that makes it not usable with foundation for apps? What needs to be done to make F4A work with angular 1.5.x?

Replies
  • Browser support best practice

By sten

browser

I'm wondering if there is any best practice written down when it comes to setting requirements for a web app/site and its supported browsers? I see that Zurb have a compatibility list describing what browsers their frameworks supports. But is this the ... (continued)

Last Reply by sten over 1 year ago

My Comments

sten commented on sten's post over 1 year

It brings some other questions.

When I read the compatibility list I see Chrome is not mentioned with a version. So I can only suppose that Foundation worked with the Chrome version at the time of testing. So if have a older Chrome browser than the one tested on. It may not work.

Now, I know that Chrome and Firefox supports autoupdate along with some other browsers. Does this mean that for browsers with autoupdate it is common to just ignore its version. If it works at the time of testing it always works? What about Chrome on other plattforms, like linux, android etc?

Maybe a stupid question, but what about CSS features. How do I know what features to use and not compared to foundation. I may want to style my own foundation component or create my own from scratch.

If I am guessing correct, I will just test with the current/latest Chrome, Firefox and other browsers that support autoupdate, and if it works, all is well? Testing older browser versions for browsers that contain autoupdate is just pointless?

And last question. What if there is a user with an old browser that the app/site dont support. I just let the user see garbage due to the browser dosen't support the css I'm using. Or do I check for some user agent string or for some feature(s). If I detect the browser isn't supported I return a page saying he/she should upgrade/switch browser? Whats the proper way to handle these cases?

Thank you for the links.

Let me put it this way. If I am using angular with FS6. What does FA give me that FS6 dosent have, to develop a web application.

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on sten's post over 1 year

It brings some other questions.

When I read the compatibility list I see Chrome is not mentioned with a version. So I can only suppose that Foundation worked with the Chrome version at the time of testing. So if have a older Chrome browser than the one tested on. It may not work.

Now, I know that Chrome and Firefox supports autoupdate along with some other browsers. Does this mean that for browsers with autoupdate it is common to just ignore its version. If it works at the time of testing it always works? What about Chrome on other plattforms, like linux, android etc?

Maybe a stupid question, but what about CSS features. How do I know what features to use and not compared to foundation. I may want to style my own foundation component or create my own from scratch.

If I am guessing correct, I will just test with the current/latest Chrome, Firefox and other browsers that support autoupdate, and if it works, all is well? Testing older browser versions for browsers that contain autoupdate is just pointless?

And last question. What if there is a user with an old browser that the app/site dont support. I just let the user see garbage due to the browser dosen't support the css I'm using. Or do I check for some user agent string or for some feature(s). If I detect the browser isn't supported I return a page saying he/she should upgrade/switch browser? Whats the proper way to handle these cases?

Thank you for the links.

Let me put it this way. If I am using angular with FS6. What does FA give me that FS6 dosent have, to develop a web application.

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content