Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

My Comments

kevin neal commented on Designer's post 6 days

What about if you are building semantically, on the float grids I used to use  @include grid-column-position(center);
is there an equivalent in xy-grids?

kevin neal commented on Sean M. Kimball's post 6 days

I'm trying to get scroll magic to work as well, no joy so far, has anyone else tried?

kevin neal commented on Elisandro Martinez's post about 2 months

How about using position relative and negative top margin on the banner to push it up under the logo

kevin neal commented on kevin neal's post about 2 months

I agree, Initially the client asked if the site could scroll horizontal and vertically, I said that would be madness!

kevin neal commented on James Pike's post about 2 months

Have you looked into using foundationpress, it works really well, there are a few others out there too

kevin neal commented on Andrew Dickens's post about 2 months

Hi what I'm doing it placing this in the foundation.scss file
and the actual font files in the assets/fonts folder as you have done

//Fonts
@font-face {
  font-family: 'BrandonTextWeb';
  src: url('../fonts/33EFB1_0_0.eot');
  src: url('../fonts/33EFB1_0_0.eot?#iefix') format('embedded-opentype'),url('../fonts/33EFB1_0_0.woff2') format('woff2'),url('../fonts/33EFB1_0_0.woff') format('woff'),url('../fonts/webfonts/33EFB1_0_0.ttf') format('truetype');
  font-weight: bold;
  font-style: normal;
  }

@font-face {
  src: url('../fonts/33EFB1_1_0.eot');
  src: url('../fonts/33EFB1_1_0.eot?#iefix') format('embedded-opentype'),url('../fonts/33EFB1_1_0.woff2') format('woff2'),url('../fonts/33EFB1_1_0.woff') format('woff'),url('../fonts/33EFB1_1_0.ttf') format('truetype');
  font-weight: normal;
  }

kevin neal commented on Elisandro Martinez's post about 2 months

Hi you have set the logo as a background image, I don't think its possible to make a background image over lap anything.
Have you tried it as a normal image?

kevin neal commented on kevin neal's post 3 months

I haven't been able to find any good solutions to this, then best I got was getting the nav bar to drop back down after it was hidden at the top of the screen, but this still isn't seamless

I'm going to try a different approach an use 2 independent nav bars, one that scrolls off the screen naturally with the page as you scroll down and a second that is always hidden just off the top of the screen until you scroll back up then it will drop down into view. I think this should solve the problem I'm seeing on Safari
I'll report back if it works

kevin neal commented on Chris Dykes's post 3 months

I had problems with equaliser not firing until the window was resized, I've tried changing init-foundation.js file to:

$(window).on('load', function () {
  jQuery(document).foundation();
});

and its working better, might be a bit heavy handed though?

kevin neal commented on kevin neal's post 3 months

I see it is exactly the same issue on iOS safari and desktop safari, I have tried the suggestions on Stack overflow but it didn't have any effect.
I'll keep looking around for other suggestions

Posts Followed

Replies
  • Basic, centered DIV using XY?

By Designer

centeredcenterxy

I don't understand what I'm missing. I went through the XY doc but I can't for the life of me get a simple div to be centered--it's always offset on one side or another. I ditched the offset method because it wasn't working, but the auto cell do... (continued)

Last Reply by kevin neal 6 days ago

Replies
  • Overlapping logo

By Elisandro Martinez

navigation

Can someone please help me figure this out?  I am trying to make the top logo overlap the banner image slightly.  I just want the logo to overlap the banner halfway so that it looks like it is draped over the banner image.  I set the image ... (continued)

Last Reply by Elisandro Martinez about 2 months ago

Replies
  • WordPress and Zurb Stack

By James Pike

wordpresszurb stack

Hi, am trying to work out how to join the Zurb Stack Template with WordPress. But also disconnecting Panini would be the go, since i'll be using WordPress. I am able to do it with the Basic Template and it works well, but it would work even better with th... (continued)

Last Reply by James Pike about 2 months ago

Replies
  • How to comment in code?

By Leonie

Comments

Hello there! Loving this email framework, it is making email templates so much easier :) I do have one question, I'm trying to put comments in the Inky-written pages for future reference, but <!-- and --> break the page. /* and */ get printed on s... (continued)

Last Reply by Alex Porubay 2 days ago

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Designer's post 6 days

What about if you are building semantically, on the float grids I used to use  @include grid-column-position(center);
is there an equivalent in xy-grids?

You commented on Sean M. Kimball's post 6 days

I'm trying to get scroll magic to work as well, no joy so far, has anyone else tried?

You commented on Elisandro Martinez's post about 2 months

How about using position relative and negative top margin on the banner to push it up under the logo

You commented on kevin neal's post about 2 months

I agree, Initially the client asked if the site could scroll horizontal and vertically, I said that would be madness!

You commented on James Pike's post about 2 months

Have you looked into using foundationpress, it works really well, there are a few others out there too

You commented on Andrew Dickens's post about 2 months

Hi what I'm doing it placing this in the foundation.scss file
and the actual font files in the assets/fonts folder as you have done

//Fonts
@font-face {
  src: url('../fonts/33EFB1_0_0.eot');
  src: url('../fonts/33EFB1_0_0.eot?#iefix') format('embedded-opentype'),url('../fonts/33EFB1_0_0.woff2') format('woff2'),url('../fonts/33EFB1_0_0.woff') format('woff'),url('../fonts/webfonts/33EFB1_0_0.ttf') format('truetype');
  font-weight: bold;
  }

@font-face {
  src: url('../fonts/33EFB1_1_0.eot');
  src: url('../fonts/33EFB1_1_0.eot?#iefix') format('embedded-opentype'),url('../fonts/33EFB1_1_0.woff2') format('woff2'),url('../fonts/33EFB1_1_0.woff') format('woff'),url('../fonts/33EFB1_1_0.ttf') format('truetype');
  font-weight: normal;
  }

You commented on Elisandro Martinez's post about 2 months

Hi you have set the logo as a background image, I don't think its possible to make a background image over lap anything.
Have you tried it as a normal image?

You commented on kevin neal's post 3 months

I haven't been able to find any good solutions to this, then best I got was getting the nav bar to drop back down after it was hidden at the top of the screen, but this still isn't seamless

I'm going to try a different approach an use 2 independent nav bars, one that scrolls off the screen naturally with the page as you scroll down and a second that is always hidden just off the top of the screen until you scroll back up then it will drop down into view. I think this should solve the problem I'm seeing on Safari
I'll report back if it works

You commented on Chris Dykes's post 3 months

I had problems with equaliser not firing until the window was resized, I've tried changing init-foundation.js file to:

$(window).on('load', function () {
  jQuery(document).foundation();
});

and its working better, might be a bit heavy handed though?

You commented on kevin neal's post 3 months

I see it is exactly the same issue on iOS safari and desktop safari, I have tried the suggestions on Stack overflow but it didn't have any effect.
I'll keep looking around for other suggestions

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content